Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

trailer hitch on a accord ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Thats fucking dangerous dude.

Heres the closest I got.

Comment

^when i get my trailer this weekend, im lowering it. lol
      COUPE K24

Comment

why wouldn`t the accord bee good for towing? I have har trailer hitch on both my accords and I`v towed cars (heavy cars, Mercedes 240TD, Volvo 240, Volvo 740, Opel Ascona B) on a car trailer in 28 degrees celsius (the MB) without problems, and our country is not flat at all, hills everyewhere. Also towed caravans without problems. I dont understand what problem you guys have tat i dont=/

MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=164408

And on the eight day God created Honda!

Comment

Originally posted by Cb3vtec View Post
          why wouldn`t the accord bee good for towing? I have har trailer hitch on both my accords and I`v towed cars (heavy cars, Mercedes 240TD, Volvo 240, Volvo 740, Opel Ascona B) on a car trailer in 28 degrees celsius (the MB) without problems, and our country is not flat at all, hills everyewhere. Also towed caravans without problems. I dont understand what problem you guys have tat i dont=/
          yeah i agree^ i think its becuase they use big vehicles to tow, where as here in europe we use normal cars to tow just fine. Theres nothing dangerous just alter the driving style accordingly stick to 50-60mph otherwise it snakes. The trailers ive used have their own brakes so that you can just brake normally too.
          Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 07-01-2011, 07:47 AM.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
          UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
          NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Originally posted by marcusv8thunder View Post
            yeah i agree^ i think its becuase they use big vehicles to tow, where as here in europe we use normal cars to tow just fine. Theres nothing dangerous just alter the driving style accordingly stick to 50-60mph otherwise it snakes. The trailers ive used have their own brakes so that you can just brake normally too.
            good to hear it`s not only us trailer with own brakes is very safe

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
              ^when i get my trailer this weekend, im lowering it. lol

And I don't think that trailer had brakes. So its a 3400lb trailer pushing a 2700lb car in the event that you need to stop or turn suddenly. Thats sketch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobermann View Post

And I don't think that trailer had brakes. So its a 3400lb trailer pushing a 2700lb car in the event that you need to stop or turn suddenly. Thats sketch.
                how does that trailer weigh more than the car
                ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by quaidum View Post
                  how does that trailer weigh more than the car
                  Trailer with a CB7 is weighs more than just a CB7. So the trailer will be heavier.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobermann View Post
                    Trailer with a CB7 is weighs more than just a CB7. So the trailer will be heavier.
                    What? that trailer does not weight more than the car?

Comment

Originally posted by Cb3vtec View Post
                      What? that trailer does not weight more than the car?
                      A cb7 towing a trailer with a cb7 ON IT does.
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by marcusv8thunder View Post
                        lol yup Americans seem to think they need a large diesel pick up to tow. you can tow alot with your accord. you dont need 300 hp or a 30k-lbs "tow capacity"

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                          A cb7 towing a trailer with a cb7 ON IT does.
                          Not in the picture, but if course it does but what was the point with the picture then?

Comment

I was replying to the first page discussion. They were two seperate thoughts. One was low as fuck trailers, other being safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
                              lol yup Americans seem to think they need a large diesel pick up to tow. you can tow alot with your accord. you dont need 300 hp or a 30k-lbs "tow capacity"
                              I don't mean to argue, but neither an F22 or cb7 chassis are designed to pull much, and I don't see anyone pulling 30ft camp trailers or full size car trailers with a full size or even a compact on-board. The pic of the accord on the dolly makes sense, but a truck is designed to withstand a lot more wear and tear, and also has a much longer wheel base designed with load bearing in mind which helps keep a trailer from fish-tailing all over and causing a wreck. The cooling and especially the brake systems on a Honda are just not designed for any sort of heavy towing either. Whereas a truck is typically built from the ground up to stop a heavy load as well as keep an engine producing upwards of 400hp that is towing a heavy load cool.

The wear and tear on my daily driver isn't worth the price difference in driving my truck to and from where ever it is I'm going to get whatever it is I'm getting. I would tow my dirt bike if they made a small and light enough trailer that didn't bounce and fishtail on the freeway like light and small trailers tend to do though.

Nice Dodge The_Head!

Comment

I got my hitch on this weekend. Looks nice because you cant really see it. Also, a 93 coupe with tein s techs is not a very good choice when pulling a 400+ 4 wheeler. lol
                                COUPE K24

Comment

Working...
                                X