Honda's Red Mystery Connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda's Red Mystery Connectors

I've been wondering what the hell these little red connectors are that are on the wiring harness. I believe there is one for each "section" of the harness. So that means the main harness has one, the driver's and passenger's side has one each, and I think the rear actually doesn't have one. They have a cap on the end of the connector and a protective rubber boot. I'll upload a pic later.

Before I go tracing wires, does anybody have an idea of what these things are for? My guess is that they are for final testing from the factory. If that's the case, we may be able to use these for aftermarket accessories and not have to touch the actual harness...Imagine a plug-n-play alarm system. Install in 15 minutes...I can dream.

YouTube Clicky!!

Might be diagnostic ports? Pic for sure.

Comment

i've always been curious as well, and they aren't really documented... definitely post up if you find any information...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

These connectors here. Excuse the dirt, I'm in the middle of cleaning my interior.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I believe those can be grounds, I have 2 dash harnesses from a 91 debut the plugs are blue not red. I didn't know what that was for until I looked it over and saw no port to plug in I looked at the wires and saw that they were grounds.

I never seen a red plug but it could be a reverse version of the blue plug I described. It could be like a power distribution plug not a ground version I described
          NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
          DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Working...
          X