Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

best tranny for jdm h22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best tranny for jdm h22?

I'm currently Runing my factory f22 tranny on my jdm h22 swap. At first it was great, long gears and ran the 8th of a mile in 2 gears. but it fails to go into gear at 8 thousand rpm. I would have to wait till it drops to 6.8 - 7. Now its grinding 3rd. So I just picked up a h22a tranny from a friend. I have yet to put it in. Want to do a little more research to see which tranny would be best. Any ideas???

Any H22 transmission will be geared properly for the H22's powerband. The USDM transmission has slightly shorter gearing, I believe (though I don't have the numbers handy)
    The JDM M2B4 transmission is one of the most sought after, since it has factory LSD.

The only transmission you can't use is an ATTS unit from a 5th gen (SH, I believe... or a JDM Type S.)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Any H22 transmission will be geared properly for the H22's powerband. The USDM transmission has slightly shorter gearing, I believe (though I don't have the numbers handy)
      The JDM M2B4 transmission is one of the most sought after, since it has factory LSD.

The only transmission you can't use is an ATTS unit from a 5th gen (SH, I believe... or a JDM Type S.)
      That's the one I want, the jdm one with LSD . I've also heard that the usdm h22 tranny has shorter gears. I'm going to be looking for the jdm tranny, but until then I'm ordering a clutch kit and puting in the usdm h22 tranny before mine gos out. Thanks

Comment

What clutch do you intend to use? Keep in mind that you don't need anything crazy... a 'stage 3' clutch won't give any more performance than a 'stage 1' for a near-stock H22, and a cheap clutch will just suck ass.
        My advice is to get an Exedy or Daikin clutch, OEM replacement or "stage 1", and use an authentic Honda throwout bearing (my car has been down for quite some time due to a seized throwout bearing from a cheapie "stage 3" clutch... so everything I say here comes from direct personal experience! )

Comment

Exedy clutch kit comes with OE quality Koyo throwout bearing, no need to buy a Honda bearing if you get one of those kits.
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

What clutch do you intend to use? Keep in mind that you don't need anything crazy... a 'stage 3' clutch won't give any more performance than a 'stage 1' for a near-stock H22, and a cheap clutch will just suck ass.
            My advice is to get an Exedy or Daikin clutch, OEM replacement or "stage 1", and use an authentic Honda throwout bearing (my car has been down for quite some time due to a seized throwout bearing from a cheapie "stage 3" clutch... so everything I say here comes from direct personal experience! )

I was leaning towards Exedy stage 2. My throwout bearing sounds nasty on my car now. Got me worried it might seize up on me. I'm going to have look into getting a Honda throwout bearing, thanks for the advise.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7h22sleeper View Post
              I'm currently Runing my factory f22 tranny on my jdm h22 swap. At first it was great, long gears and ran the 8th of a mile in 2 gears. but it fails to go into gear at 8 thousand rpm. I would have to wait till it drops to 6.8 - 7.
              Sounds like you have either a bad transmission or shift linkage. I shift at 8000 rpm every time just fine. You might want to look into that. If you ever come to Jacksonville I will show you in person.
              '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
              If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Unless you're going to be making a good deal more power than stock, the Exedy Stage 2 will be pointless. All it will do is wear the friction surfaces faster.
                Also... why are you shifting at 8k? The H22 doesn't make power up there unless you have the mods to support it!

Comment

But I dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo We will discuss this more later, Lol.
                  '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                  If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

I personally would get a JDM h22 it has slightly shorter gearing than the usdm h22. I know this for a act when I went to gearspeed. When they tried to assemble it it has slightly shorter gearing on it the synchros where the smae through and the transmission wouldnt close shut lol.

Comment

Unless you're going to be making a good deal more power than stock, the Exedy Stage 2 will be pointless. All it will do is wear the friction surfaces faster.
                      Also... why are you shifting at 8k? The H22 doesn't make power up there unless you have the mods to support it!
                      Mike I think hes still reading off of the stock tach lol When you read off the stock tach its inaccurate until you add an aftermarket one youll see the redline unless you got a chipped ecu that goes over the rev-limiter would hit over or up to 8k.

Comment

Either way, the H22's powerband stops around 7400, I believe. Without a cam upgrade, I don't think it'll make any power up to 8k.

Comment

Either way, the H22's powerband stops around 7400, I believe. Without a cam upgrade, I don't think it'll make any power up to 8k.
                          true

Comment

best bet would be a EURO R trans. T2W4. its like 200-300$ more than the m2b4 but its the best one!!

Comment

U are referring to a stage one h clutch right and not an f, cause a stock f series will only take one launch then it slips like a greased up deaf guy lol

Comment

Working...
                              X