Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1994 Acura Vigor, should I buy it

https://medford.craigslist.org/cto/d...617140525.html

This is a local Acura Vigor for sale. Mechanically it's fine. I really don't need another project right now but I'm having a very hard time saying no to this project. It needs most of the front clip and it's not shown but the passenger taillight does have a crack.

What do you think?
    Does anyone else have a monthly budget of 10mm sockets or is it just me?

Unless you want a project for the sake of having a project, I'd avoid it. Sure, it's otherwise clean, but there's just so much work to be done on that one. And then you have an automatic Vigor.

$300 or so in frame straightening, another $500 for a super budget respray of the front end, plus the purchase of those front end parts for $200ish and it's no longer a cheap car. If you had a rear-ended parts car in the same color lying around, sure thing.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Your money, your decision.

I hate body work, you're obviously okay with it. There are tons of cars out there that I'd love to own and can afford, but I've long since learned my lesson in taking things like this one at a time.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Thanks for the input. I really want the car, but I'm remember back to a "good deal" project I took on about a year ago. If I had the means I would love to swap the motor into my CB7. But thats a project for the future when I have too much time and disposable cash.

Comment

Nope.

Edit: A 5cyl CB7 would be different for sure, but you’d get the power of a 4 cylinder with the MPG of a 6 cylinder. Not to mention the lack of aftermarket support. You’d be in cheaper putting an LM7 in a CB chassis... which would be awesome..
          Last edited by F22Chris; 07-14-2018, 08:18 PM.

Comment

They make killer derby cars..just saying lol
            Follow me on IG to see my builds/pics
            dmfb919

Comment

Am I seeing things or is that front strut tower kinked?

Unless you rebuild it on a frame machine it's going to never track right. Even with a frame machine I'd still seriously question it.

If it were something especially rare and/or valuable, maybe, but otherwise nope.

Comment

if it was manual, that would be worth it for the trans alone. I've been looking at those transmissions for a mid-engined project since they're longitudinal rather than transverse.

As for this car, it's only worth parting out. bent frames are never the same. It might be worth trying to buy a few parts for research purposes, like to see if the trunks or bumpers swap over to the CB chassis, but that's about it.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Ya, the frame damage is major. He says it was in an accident at only 25 miles per hour. I call bull on that. It would be a really fun car to just thrash though.

Comment

Working...
                  X