Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

steering wheel shake while accelerating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steering wheel shake while accelerating

Hey members, got a front end question to ask.

While I am accelerating on the highway between 60 & 75 mph my steering wheel shakes. Sometimes it happens around 55 too. When I let off the accelrator it stops shaking. Have checked everything in the front. Replaced my right upper control arm because the ball joint was bad but that is the only thing that I could find.

Car is stock besides wheels. Have to run fronts with spacers to clear the calipers. Other than that I don't know what to check. Wheel bearings maybe? Everything feels tight though.
    Kyle C

2002 Accord Sedan EX - standard- daily status

1991 Accord Wagon LX - auto - 304K & slipping transmission

Are the tires worn/uneven/balanced.
    Have you gotten an Aliment when you replaced front suspension parts.

From my experience a Uneven/unbalanced tire will give that steering wheel shake at those speeds also an Aliment could be needed as well.

Try checking the outer and inner tie rods. Lift the front tires off the ground ans give the wheel a shake If Theres play could be tie rods.

Either way good luck and post your results

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

I hate front end issues could be so many things, tie rods, control arms, bushings, warped rotors, balancing rims, ball joints.

Comment

If it's under load, i would look at your driveshafts.

Comment

Thanks for responses so far. It was happening before. Had new tires mounted and balanced 2 weeks ago. Balanced perfect. Again, front end feels tight. Havnt got an alignment yet. Don't feel the need to yet cuz I havnt finsihed replacing front end parts. Car had sat since 2005 before I bought it february this year. Am in the process of replacing all ball joints and tie rod ends due to just age. Want new parts in front just cuz it has sat so long.

The only one that was actually bad that I had noticed right off was the right upper ball joint. Replaced entire upper control arm because the rubber bushings on the insides were very cracked. I'm guessing the rest of the bushing are just as cracked. Will replace them as I go.
          Kyle C

Comment

axles

Comment

most likely alignment if it does it a those speeds
              2MORROW AINT PROMISED SO I LIVE FOR THE MOMENT.

Comment

Originally posted by teknik View Post
                most likely alignment if it does it a those speeds
                Explain how an alignment would cause a shake in the wheel only under load?

Like I said above. Axles

Comment

If you say the axles are bad then what do you mean? Shafts are not balanced / straight anymore? Cv joints are getting worn and will start clicking soon while turning? I have no clicking as of now.
                  Kyle C

Comment

Could it be your brake rotors are warped? And the axles being bad well if they are like autozone axles they just keep remanufacturing old ones so maybe the shaft is not balanced?

Comment

Originally posted by jst_4_kiks View Post
                      Cv joints are getting worn and will start clicking soon while turning?
                      Not necessarily.

Shafts are not balanced

Over time the clearances in the joints get larger and allow for vibrations at certain revolutions and load.

Comment

Replaced my left outer tie rod end on Friday night. Not as bad a shake while driving but still somewhat noticable. Still looking for cv axle replacements and othe front end stuff. Need an alignment now though.
                        Kyle C

Comment

Did you try rotating your wheels, I know its kind of an obvious one, or a bent wheel. The smallest unbalancing will cause this.

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                          BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                          Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                          CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Working...
                          X