How bad is Omnipower coilovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How bad is Omnipower coilovers?

Hi, How bad are the omnipower 2.gen coilovers? I got yellow konis in the front and stock shocks at the back that are making a clunking noise in bumps and found the omnipower coilover cheap. I got H&R springs but they are only 1,5" and i really like the idea of getting it lower. But if they are THAT bad i have to rethink that.

MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=164408

And on the eight day God created Honda!

I had them back in the day and thought they were pretty good.

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
    dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

i had them also and they were good as far as reliability, i daily drove with them for a good half-year or so

they can go low if needed and pretty stiff i might add

Comment

I would spend the money for new koni's in the rear. In my experience, Koni yellows with h&r race handles well and rides comfortably. I now own a set of omnipower street coil overs, and while the height adjustability is nice there is little comfort when daily driving.
        '92 LX.
        JDM H22a.

My Member's Ride Thread

Sold to: tysCb7, johnD1079, AccordHybrid92, GUA-D'zCb-7, judonoh, DriftProjectR, AeyJayCB7, C91BLX7, H23CB7

Comment

i had the 'drag' version for a while. i loved them. they were REALLLLLY stiff. didnt slam that the car, but thats how i wanted it. wish i never sold them.
          COUPE K24

Comment

I love mine....

Comment

Depends if your car is for the street or for the track. If street, don't go with coilovers.
              Originally posted by Quashish
              hahaha

noobs be like where to be buying hella flush yo?

Comment

OmniPower is good if you track the car. Some people don't like them for the streets. Its all personal preference though. It also depends if they are the "drag" spec, or regular track spec. The drag specs will have super stiff rear springs.

Like ThrakBarts said, I personally would just buy a set of rear Koni Yellows to match the front. Then I'd sell the H&R springs, and buy a set of Ground Control coilover sleeves. You won't be disappointed with that setup But if the Omni's are a really good price you could always do that, and if you don't like them, sell them and get your money back.

Originally posted by honda2014 View Post
                Depends if your car is for the street or for the track. If street, don't go with coilovers.
                This isn't necessarily true. My coilover setup is a LOT more comfortable than my old Eibach/KYB combo I had before.

Comment

Working...
                X