cloudasc : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regular Maintenance

Well its a new year, and its time to do some maintainence on my beloved cb7. Today I just did an engine oil system flush and filled her up with Royal Purple, and replaced my oil filter with one from K&N. I also drained the transmission fluid, and refilled with Genuine Honda ATF. I had my Transmission Flushed with the machine 15k miles ago since my transmission jerk after coming to a stop, i press the pedal i start accellerating then the whole car would shake, tires chirping also. After doing this the problem hasn't re-occurred. I also decided to replace my air filter so I purchased a K&N.

Below are the pictures:

Royal Purple, Genuine Honda ATF, K&N Oil & Air Filter w/Recharge Kit, Greased Lightning Fuel System Cleaner, CRC Restore (No compression problems, using for preventative maintainance.

Left: Old Paper Air Filter / Right: K&N Air Filter
    Note: I wonder how much power / fuel efficiency losses that leaf has been causing in the Paper Filter.

After I finished the oil and the atf I took it for a drive, and oh my god, now its like I just bought my car new in 1991, hah. Major difference, engine sounds quieter and smoother, and when I downshift my auto, i almost can't tell i downshifted the transition is that smooth again, and I didn't even have the new air filter installed then.
    Last edited by cloudasc; 01-02-2009, 09:14 PM. Reason: Additional commentary
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

^^^
      accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
      ....................My New Baby
      SOLD TO
      ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
        Heres your picture reply!

Why'd they tint the outside of the windows?

Nice wheels!

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
          Why'd they tint the outside of the windows?

Nice wheels!

They didn't tint the outside, lol... that would be sucky... they just used the exterior of the glass as the stencil, its applied to the inside, sure beats taking all the glass off, also i had the tint installed all the way to the edge of the window... looks like the glass is actually tinted not a film. I can take a picture if you'd like to see what I am talking about.

I love the wheels over my steelies, they are lighter, which means less parasitic drag, which equals faster acceleration.

Comment

Painted My Grill

Well I finally got around to painting my grill, here are the latest pics of my DIY Gutter Guard Grill.

Here is all the individual pieces. I painted the outside of the grill, and the insert under honda emblem the same color. The main gutter guard inserts I chromed along with the honda emblem. (Above)

The Finished Product (Above)

I'll be updating my post here with the latest pictures, its too dark out right now to get good picture.

Comment

nice............Like the grill

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Blackhoused Bumper Turn Signals Here I Come!

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
                nice............Like the grill
                Thank you I really like how it came out, before it was was just too much chrome...

And I have yet to install my blackhoused turn signals. I tried to do it the other day, and I can get the driver-side one off, but the passenger-side one doesn't have a regular screw in it... I think I'm going to have to drill out whatever is pinned in there holding it in place...

After I get my bumper turn signals in, the only thing that will be cosmetically changed on my front end will be the addition of a lip.

I'll post the pictures after I install the bumper turn signals, also need to pick up amber bulbs.

Comment

DIY Grill & BlackHoused Bumper Turn Signals installed

Here are the pictures of my diy painted gutterguard grill, & I finally got my blackhoused bumper signals installed. I had to drill out whatever was holding the passenger side housing in. The new housings came with new screws, so I won't have any problems replacing the bulbs in the future... I still need to get amber bulbs for those signals either that use an orange sharpie?, they are currently clear.

Comment

^^^ nice!!!!

I gave away my clear corner and bumper light for free....
                    Should've ask me

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Things to do...

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
                      ^^^ nice!!!!

I gave away my clear corner and bumper light for free....
                      Should've ask me
                      These are new ebay blackhoused bumper turnsignals, my oem ones have a few cracks from rocks on the lenses, 172k miles.

Next on my list is to repaint my side view mirrors & wiper arms. The paint is peeling from a rock impact on the side view mirror, and the wiper arms, well they just have faded.

Then its time to go junkyard surfing for a stock lip, h23 intake manifold & throttlebody, h22 plenum, f22a6 runners, IAB "black box", windage tray & oil pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                        They didn't tint the outside, lol... that would be sucky... they just used the exterior of the glass as the stencil, its applied to the inside, sure beats taking all the glass off, also i had the tint installed all the way to the edge of the window... looks like the glass is actually tinted not a film. I can take a picture if you'd like to see what I am talking about.

I love the wheels over my steelies, they are lighter, which means less parasitic drag, which equals faster acceleration.
                        Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, okay.
                        Makes sense now!

My bad, I had a "blonde" moment.

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Its cool, you don't have to be blond to have "blond" moments. We all have them. To error is human.

Comment

My New Crank Pulley!

Woo hoo! My Unorthodox Crank Pulley Finally Arrived, Here are some pics:

FYI, this is a STOCK DIAMETER, STOCK BELT LAYOUT pulley, its only benefit over the stock pulley is that it is lighter meaning less parasitic drag on the motor. Plus its Shiney!
                            Last edited by cloudasc; 01-10-2009, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Eurolite 1156 Amber Bulbs Arrive

Well my new bulbs for my front bumper turn signals finally arrived. I'll add pictures as soon as I get them installed tomorrow.

Comment

Well my Unorthodox Racing Ultra A Power Steering finally came, now I need to order my the Ultra A Alternator pulley, and my set will be complete.

Last edited by cloudasc; 01-16-2009, 12:41 AM. Reason: Fixed Typo

Comment

Working...
                                X