Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

pulled my first cb7 moter today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pulled my first cb7 moter today

today i helped a buddy pull his f22 out of his cb7 .the process was pretty easy,it only took about 3hrs .he bought it with a blowen head gasket .we are dropping in another f22 next weekend that has 100,000 miles on it and an old lady owned the car it came out of . so it is in good shape

Congrats. What do you want? a cookie?

please correct the spelling error in the title.

Comment

wow thats pretty fast for a first time.. it took my 3 days on my old hatch.. congrads..

i would change the tb and wp b4 drop'n in the new motor.. aloha..

Comment

WHAT????

If your doing all the work and pulling a motor out, wouldn't you want to upgrade...maybe a H22??? maybe a h23????

but thats coo, I've never done that before.

and I'll be sure to mail you a cookie too, but not with chocolet chips...just because your going back to stock lol j/k

Comment

good job bro. not easy. i would look in to putting that head onto an f23 block...then dropping it in. lol

Comment

Originally posted by MyDianaZ06 View Post
            WHAT????

If your doing all the work and pulling a motor out, wouldn't you want to upgrade...maybe a H22??? maybe a h23????

but thats coo, I've never done that before.

and I'll be sure to mail you a cookie too, but not with chocolet chips...just because your going back to stock lol j/k
            The most powerful N/A F22A makes 430+ whp, while the most powerful N/A H22 makes 330+. Why would you want the H22, when the F22A has more potential?
            Last edited by robert@bisimoto; 09-08-2009, 02:39 PM.
            Bisimoto Engineering
            1) Call 1-888-9BC-MOTO(888-922-6686 ext. 1) Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST
            2) Email me, robert@bisimoto.com
            3) Contact me on AIM, robert@bisimoto.com

Comment

haha true but with a lot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by robert@bisimoto View Post
                The most powerful N/A F22A makes 430+ whp, while the most powerful N/A H22 makes 330+. Why would you want the H22, when the F22A has more potential?
                Those are both in race trim, though. Neither would be streetable.

A 250whp NA H22 would be more streetable than a 250whp F22A.

However, 200whp or so with either motor is fairly easy to do, and would make for a very fun car (while remaining reasonably efficient and reliable)

Comment

For 95% of the members of this site, an all motor setup making 230whp is a butt load of power, and that is easier achieved with the H22 IMO.
                  Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                  Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                  Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                  Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                  Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                  Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Eh, it depends. To reach 230whp with either motor, you're going to have to do some pretty extensive modifications.

Comment

haha wow!

"Tucking tires and wires."
                      The Chronicles.

Comment

^^i love those rims!!... lol
                        2004 Accord Sedan CM6 (daily)
                        Koni Yellows, Hood Bra,Splash Guards,Deck Lid,Weather Mats,Sunroof Visor,Fog Lights <-All OEM, Mugen Door Visors, 07 Tsx Wheels.
                        1990 Accord Coupe CB7 (project)
                        H22 Swap, Skunk2 Springs on Koni Str.t, Rear Disk Swap, Fog Lights, 92-93 Trunk Conversion, 02 Accord Rims

Comment

no cookies required just sharing in my good news .no h22 or f23 plans in the future for this guy he is a dodge guy that i'm trying to convert to the wonderful world of honda. he just wants it to run and we already have another f22 .i'm going to do some research on the f23 head swap b/c i'm think about replacing the head on mine with one b/c its all jacked up due to the timing belt breaking.

Comment

yea fuck the H series upgrade. put a stock motor and get it working again. you wouldnt want to sit on a project for a couple weeks. time is money.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                            X