No announcement yet.

owequitit : 2009 Honda Civic Si

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a dc2 wanted to race me today (tailgating then moved to the left lane) so i said why not, didn't downshift so he was catching up to me. Once I hit 6k.....see yaaa.

Comment

Originally posted by DRzCB72nr View Post
      a dc2 wanted to race me today (tailgating then moved to the left lane) so i said why not, didn't downshift so he was catching up to me. Once I hit 6k.....see yaaa.
      Yeah, that happens.

I had a kid in a 00 Civic Si, who Ray and I replaced the engine for a ways back (before I had this car obviously) try to take off on me. I really wasn't in the mood to run, but since he was speeding up and slowing down, I said, "eh, fuck it."

I stayed in 6th and he sort of pulled, got about 3 cars, I downshifted to 5th, he wasn't pulling very fast, but got another car,(I am at like 3500 at this point), grab 4th, still not in VTEC, downshift to 3rd just in time to get the last few RPM's in VTEC.

Of course by this point the kid is like 4-5 car lengths ahead, I redline 3rd, shift to 4th and caught his ass easily before I even hit the redline in 4th.

He thought he had shown me, but if he only knew that the whole time he was pulling on me I as not only out of VTEC, but below 4500 RPM. I am sure I will run into him again, hopefully in person.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I think I am going to crack the whip and get HID's for this thing.

Debating on whether or not I want to chance the ebay crappies or not. The price is right, but the quality...probably not so much.

Have a friend that works at a local stereo shop who said he would give me a deal. I may see what he can get, as his KITS seem to be reliable.

I still need to get HID's for the Accord, so I don't want to spend too much on the Civic.

Comment

I have already bought at least 3 sets of HIDs from ebay and no complaints. The first set even survived when i totaled my 4 door, i only kept the ballast from that car because one bulb didn't survive. I buy the box thats red and has yellow lettering, I'll order mine soon.

Im planning to get something very light, probably 6k or lighter. For the fog lights I'm going to get yellow nokya.

Comment

DDM Tuning HID's carries lifetime warranty.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
            1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
            2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
            2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
            2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
            2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

sounds good I'm checking their site now, I guess im ordering them today.

Comment

Originally posted by Konigstiger View Post
                DDM Tuning HID's carries lifetime warranty.
                Thanks for the heads up. Have you used their kits? How is the glare?

Is the ignitor internal to the ballast?

Comment

I ordered mine yesterday. 5k with the slim ballast and yellow halogen bulbs for the fogs. Total was only $80! They have a free lifetime warranty which is for the ballast im guessing, they have bulbs for only $15 a pair.

They also sell the normal size ballast for $10 cheaper. I went with the 35w, I read somewhere that the 55w produces alor of glare on non projector headlights and we would probably need to upgrade our harness.

Comment

Originally posted by DRzCB72nr View Post
                    I ordered mine yesterday. 5k with the slim ballast and yellow halogen bulbs for the fogs. Total was only $80! They have a free lifetime warranty which is for the ballast im guessing, they have bulbs for only $15 a pair.

They also sell the normal size ballast for $10 cheaper. I went with the 35w, I read somewhere that the 55w produces alor of glare on non projector headlights and we would probably need to upgrade our harness.
                    35W is the correct choice, that is what OEM Xenons use too. 55W is for Bi-xenon, or projectors where you need more output, but realistically, at 35W, you will nearly twice the light output you would out of the stock halogens at 55W.

I will probably order a set later this week. I may leave the fogs stock for now. The other possibility in addition to what you did, is yello Laminix film on the fogs which has the added benefit of helping to protect the lense.

Comment

Good idea. I had one of my fogs replaced today (long crack across the glass). It didn't have anything that made it seem like a rock or anything else hit it though.

Comment

Ordered a set of HID's for this yesterday. I wasn't brave enough to try the DDM Tuning ones, but I may give them a shot for the fogs.

Changed the oil today (man the filter locations SUCKS ASS). 3rd change in 17,000 miles. Gotta love the maintenance minder.

Was also checking out the rear sway bar, and that may be my next change, since it apparently transforms the car. Other than that, the only complaint I have is that the stock wheel tire combo weighs 45lbs. Consequently, the same size wheel tire package on my CB7 weighs 36 lbs each. That would save me just under 40lbs of unsprung weight. But I am not going to worry about it unless I decide to keep the car forever.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                          Thanks for the heads up. Have you used their kits? How is the glare?

Is the ignitor internal to the ballast?
                          I highly apologize for answering your question very late. I forgot I have posted about it and I just found out right now.

I have their kits on my Civic low beam. They are working great so far with no problems. The glare is present just like any other kits. However , I just aimed down my headlights and voila! No flash and no attention from anybody.

and , the igniter is not internal.

Comment

Originally posted by ExplodingCake View Post
                            I highly apologize for answering your question very late. I forgot I have posted about it and I just found out right now.

I have their kits on my Civic low beam. They are working great so far with no problems. The glare is present just like any other kits. However , I just aimed down my headlights and voila! No flash and no attention from anybody.

and , the igniter is not internal.
                            I have a buddy that has them in his SI (not sure what brand), but he has ZERO glare. I wonder if he got a shielded set from like HIDexperts or something. They were on the car before he bought it though, so he isn't much help.

Comment

I have a buddy that has them in his SI (not sure what brand), but he has ZERO glare. I wonder if he got a shielded set from like HIDexperts or something. They were on the car before he bought it though, so he isn't much help.
                              Pretty sure he had shields.

Comment

Ordered a set of HID's for this yesterday. I wasn't brave enough to try the DDM Tuning ones, but I may give them a shot for the fogs.

Changed the oil today (man the filter locations SUCKS ASS). 3rd change in 17,000 miles. Gotta love the maintenance minder.

Was also checking out the rear sway bar, and that may be my next change, since it apparently transforms the car. Other than that, the only complaint I have is that the stock wheel tire combo weighs 45lbs. Consequently, the same size wheel tire package on my CB7 weighs 36 lbs each. That would save me just under 40lbs of unsprung weight. But I am not going to worry about it unless I decide to keep the car forever.
                                wow 45 lbs? that seems like a ton. But my 17x7 Forged ROJAs weigh in at 40 lbs per wheel/tire. Funny thing is, I weighed the sawblades w/ the 205/55's and they also weigh 40 lbs for a 15.

My ITRs came in at a svelt 29 lbs per wheel/tire w/ 205s, so they're definitely the winner there. Acceleration is so effortless when I have those on.

member's ride thread
                                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                                91 Accord SE 176k
                                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                                X