EXT : OEM Spoiler Install *pics*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
    try to find the springs if you can. B/c I was at the JY today and a CB7 w/ the spoiler just removed was there.....when i popped the trunk it just FLEW upward. so that spoiler and springs combo go together.
    I need to find one, because trunk barely stays open now.
    wat?

Comment

I used this DIY along with the Honda instructions. Thanks.

I thought about it but I chose not to get the spoiler trunk springs because I being able to pop the trunk from inside the car and having it stay down so people can't see what I have in the trunk .
      "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
      "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
      ><((((º>

Comment

Originally posted by bigjoegood1 View Post
        I used this DIY along with the Honda instructions. Thanks.

I thought about it but I chose not to get the spoiler trunk springs because I being able to pop the trunk from inside the car and having it stay down so people can't see what I have in the trunk .
        yeah but when you have to load something for example, does its stay open and up? I would see that as an inconvenience and annoyance esp. if my hands are full.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
          yeah but when you have to load something for example, does its stay open and up? I would see that as an inconvenience and annoyance esp. if my hands are full.
          Yeah it takes little effort to open and stays up when I open it fully. Really comes in handy when I'm working on the car and need to get tools from the trunk. Keeps prying (crackhead) eyes outta my trunk.
          "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
          "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
          ><((((º>

Comment

Just a little follow up from me on the spings, I did not replace the springs. My trunk pops open just fine and stays open just fine, I expell very little effort if any to open it and it stays up on it's own. I"m always loading golf clubs and groceries into the back without a problem.

Keep an Eye on my Coupe. Click the Pic

Comment

so is there anyone that can tell us how to properaly wire up the OEM spoiler..Ive managed to get one in white....and want to know how its hook up...factory wireing would be awesome!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121793

Comment

Originally posted by Ont1992ADL View Post
                so is there anyone that can tell us how to properaly wire up the OEM spoiler..Ive managed to get one in white....and want to know how its hook up...factory wireing would be awesome!
                well you need those antenna up/down relay along w/ the wiring so the spoiler won't hit it when you pop the trunk. I've got like 4 of them if you need one lol

member's ride thread
                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                91 Accord SE 176k
                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

werd i would also like to know that

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

????????? lol I guess the wiring part of this unfinsihed DIY is not going to happen....Fail

Comment

????????? lol I guess the wiring part of this unfinsihed DIY is not going to happen....Fail
                      lol it will happen when I actually get around to wiring it lol

Keep an Eye on my Coupe. Click the Pic

Comment

Originally posted by tresexohcb View Post
                        lol it will happen when I actually get around to wiring it lol
                        so you have spoiler on your car that the lights dont light up on..LMAO

Comment

I need to get around to mounting mine to my car. I have to pick up the rubber spoiler gaskets so I don't get puddles in my trunk. If anyone has some I'm in the market for them.

As far as wiring goes couldn't I just wire it to the third brake light or one of the trunk lights?

Comment

Just a warning on wiring the OEM spoiler. Take the time to do it properly or your instrument panel "brake lamp" indicator light will come on everytime you power the car and first hit the brakes and stay on until engine turned off.

My 91 DX daily driver has this problem, as I found out the OEM spoiler is not original to the vehicle. The previous owner installed the OEM spoiler on it because the wiring is definitely not factory. Needless to say, they did it wrong and I have the issue mentioned above, even though ALL my brake lamps work.

This is the last annoyance on the car to fix, but I don't know if I'll ever care enough to do so. I'll have to understand the previous owner's wiring mess and do it properly.
                            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

My oem spoiler that ive had on both my LX's, i used the oem harness which simply piggy backs off the inner driver-side taillight.
                              wat?

Comment

What about flushies?
                                The CB7 Collector.
                                Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                                92 LX Coupe F22A1
                                2013 Toyota Corolla S
                                92 EX Sedan F22A1
                                Originally posted by deevergote
                                Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Working...
                                X