No announcement yet.

laz93se : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I meant to comment on the PC680 a while ago. Nice fitment. What gauge wire are you going to use?

I wanted to share my experience with those PC680s. I had mine in the stock position with 4 AWG wires from both terminals. Within 5 months of once a week driving, it would not hold a charge and I had to replace it with another. With the next one, I decided to always unplug the negative battery terminal when parked in the garage. That seemed to help a little, but their poor CCAs just really underpreformed. I could not start the car again, after a cold start, unless I drove enough to charge the battery adequately, and that was very annoying to have to worry about. I very much worry about you with one of these in the trunk, due to the losses that will occur using such long cables.

After my experiences with my Optima mounted in the trunk, I went back to the engine bay, which is where the weight needs to be for drag racing. Does your local track require a cut-off switch for rear mounted batteries? Mine did, and that installation went horribly as well, haha.
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
      I meant to comment on the PC680 a while ago. Nice fitment. What gauge wire are you going to use?

I wanted to share my experience with those PC680s. I had mine in the stock position with 4 AWG wires from both terminals. Within 5 months of once a week driving, it would not hold a charge and I had to replace it with another. With the next one, I decided to always unplug the negative battery terminal when parked in the garage. That seemed to help a little, but their poor CCAs just really underpreformed. I could not start the car again, after a cold start, unless I drove enough to charge the battery adequately, and that was very annoying to have to worry about. I very much worry about you with one of these in the trunk, due to the losses that will occur using such long cables.

After my experiences with my Optima mounted in the trunk, I went back to the engine bay, which is where the weight needs to be for drag racing. Does your local track require a cut-off switch for rear mounted batteries? Mine did, and that installation went horribly as well, haha.

I haven't had a problem , though I am running 0 gauge wire. The battery is new so I only hope that I don't have the same problem you did. If anything I can always go to a stock battery. West palm dragway does require a cut off switch in the rear, once you reach certain quarter mile times. I can't remember , they also have a roll cage requirement. I am trying to nail everything down as long as performance and other stuff. I still need a ways for track requirements.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Are you guys running the 680MJ-T? I just picked one up. I'll be mounting mine on the firewall so no long cables.
        '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Are you going to get that mount box from Password JDM?

My first one was the 680MJ, the second one is just a 680. I'm not finding the "-T" anywhere, but I assume that has to do with the terminal modifications you are making.

Laz, mine were new too. Just make sure to disconnect when parked so the clock doesn't slowly drain the thing.

MRT
          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
            Are you guys running the 680MJ-T? I just picked one up. I'll be mounting mine on the firewall so no long cables.
            That's the same one I am running.

Are you going to get that mount box from Password JDM?

My first one was the 680MJ, the second one is just a 680. I'm not finding the "-T" anywhere, but I assume that has to do with the terminal modifications you are making.

Laz, mine were new too. Just make sure to disconnect when parked so the clock doesn't slowly drain the thing.
            Will do Alex, thanks. I also have a battery charger that also maintains battery on float while not on.

Comment

What do you guys think , good location for gauge?

Comment

Ooo, yes! My MTX-L is above my Hazard light. Anything lower could be too low to be practical to view out of your peripheral.

MRT
                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Originally posted by laz93se View Post
                  What do you guys think , good location for gauge?

Looks like a good location and you didn't have too hack anything up that's not easily replaced.
                  CB7TUNER.com
                  Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Ooo, yes! My MTX-L is above my Hazard light. Anything lower could be too low to be practical to view out of your peripheral.
                    yup looks good from a drivers point of view

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                    Looks like a good location and you didn't have too hack anything up that's not easily replaced.
                    I agree, I didn't want the gauge pods by the pillar. Trying to hide them as best as I can without me having to take my eyes off the road to glance at them when needed.

Comment

Nice progress on the car ! If your looking to keep the guages "low kee" have them set up like stickydiljoe had em. Thats if your not keeping the climate controls, or where the stereo would be that would be a nice place to put em to. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see the finished product !!
                      Instagram: robkhaira

MRT: 1991 EX-R: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...52#post3273952

Comment

Originally posted by rkcb7 View Post
                        Nice progress on the car ! If your looking to keep the guages "low kee" have them set up like stickydiljoe had em. Thats if your not keeping the climate controls, or where the stereo would be that would be a nice place to put em to. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see the finished product !!
                        thanks man , appreciate it.

Comment

Sleeper mode

Shitty picture at night

Last edited by laz93se; 06-24-2015, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Bud, that's SIIICK! Great ideas.

So you have a boost gauge, oil pressure, and oil temp, left to right? What about AFRs?

MRT
                            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Bud, that's SIIICK! Great ideas.

So you have a boost gauge, oil pressure, and oil temp, left to right? What about AFRs?
                              Thanks al, gauge on the left is the innovative scg-1 (boost/Afr/shift light) , center is oil temp and pressure, right is water temp and voltage.

Comment

Getting closer

Comment

Working...
                                X