CB7Denmark : 1993 Accord EXi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update 04-09:

Timing belt and balance belts have been changed finally!.
    I fixed the hanging rear bumber, so the car is now nice and symmetrical now.
    Fixed interior light not turning on when opening doors (The bulb i used was too big and didn't connect properly in the socket, ive had this issue since i got the car, i thought some wires were done or something )

To do:

Bisi cam and springs installation - to be done very soon!
    Header Y pipe 2.5" mod also very soon!
    Needs a new battery, the too low voltage is messing up things now. (In stock though, im just lazy right now)
    P&P but will happen sometime through the winter, i don't know exactly when.
    Also need a new induction kit, current one is too damn generic.

DYNO TUNING, maybe this month, depends on a few things but no sooner than next month! I can't f'in wait!!
    Last edited by CB7Denmark; 09-04-2014, 10:28 AM.
    Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

gonna get rid of the tow? lol

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Looks like you're headed in the right direction man. Keep it up and I'm sure you'll hit your goals sooner than you'd expect especially once you throw in your new cams. Also, good numbers in my opinion for having a F22 with a few bolt ons.
        Last edited by Restless; 09-11-2014, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kouzie View Post
          gonna get rid of the tow? lol
          Haha! Yes i definitively am! Just haven't got around to do it yet, its one of those "Fuck this shit" things, im sure you know what im talking about.

Originally posted by Restless View Post
          Looks like you're headed in the right direction man. Keep it up and I'm sure you'll hit your goals sooner than you'd expect especially once you throw in your new cams. Also, good numbers in my opinion for having a F22 with a few bolt ons.
          Well, to be honest, the EUDM version puts out 125whp stock / 150hp at the crank, and when i dynoed it, i had the H22A TB and Plenum mod, with DC Headers and downpipe + 3" Induction, but stock exhaust! Only after the dyno i received the new Spec-D exhaust, so current setup is:

3" Generic ebay induction kit (I got screwed over by a company, i though i bought a TenzoR kit, but well).
          H22A Plenum and Throttlebody.
          DC Sports 4-2-1 Header.
          H22A Catalytic Converter.
          Spec-D 2.5" Exhaust.

Funny thing, after i installed the new exhaust system, it pulls way harder than before, i think the stock exhaust system choked the gains of the bolt-ons if any.

I track and traced the valvemaster tool that i ordered so i can get my head done for the new cam, its gonna arrive soon so i can get started breaking in the cam, then im gonna have it dyno tuned, i can wait for the results!!!! I'm really hoping for 175whp, but lets see what happens.

Next year plans are, Port'n'Polish, 2.5" Collector mod(I may do it before dyno tune, but its not so important right now) Arias 11.5:1 Pistons and rods, H2F adapter and a XSPower intake i have laying around. Its a Skunk2 replica, got it for $70 i don't plan on keeping it, but i'd think the community would appreciate a comparison.
          Last edited by CB7Denmark; 09-12-2014, 04:32 PM.
          Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

sweet!!! Having a badass car like this is awesome as is. But you've made it even better by getting some sweet performance goodies!!!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

super clean and super mean.

Is your local police force ok with performance/suspension mods? Meaning, if you get pulled over for something, are they typically going to make you pop your hood to see if you're stock? If they do find you've modified your car, do they impound it or ticket you?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucien View Post
                super clean and super mean.

Is your local police force ok with performance/suspension mods? Meaning, if you get pulled over for something, are they typically going to make you pop your hood to see if you're stock? If they do find you've modified your car, do they impound it or ticket you?
                To a certain point.

The rules in Denmark dictates that you can increase NET power with 20%. Suspension upgrade are only allowed with TÜV approved parts (A german certificate are required when the vehicle undergo inspection)

Changing the identity of the engine (Slamming on a turbo etc. though there are some idiotic useless exceptions) is illegal even if it increases performance by less than 20%, you can't go FI on a N/A car, and visa versa, and you cannot go from Diesel to Petrol or the other way, because the car will (Legally speaking) loose its "identity". It can be done legally, but you would have to pay up big money which makes it plane stupid. This is also why N/A tuning is quite popular because its hard to spot a engine tuned more that 20%. The penalty for tuning a car more than 20% or slamming a turbo on a N/A car, is a big f'in fine, usually around $20.000 + whatever the costs of making it a legal build would have been, the car will also be seized and if you don't pay up it will be scrapped. To do this legally, lets say i want to tune my engine 50%, you would have to upgrade suspension and brakes and in some way you would have to get some form of documentation from the manufacturer of the car, stating that the upgrades you have done are safe (The brakes will handle the extra power etc etc), that itself is very costly, lets say you get it done and you have the proper documentation, you then have to pay a new tax-fee on the car because the car would have lost its "Identity" (meaning it is now not the same car as when it was sold). The price is individually valued.

I hope it makes sense, if not, i will try to explain myself better.

Illegal suspension upgrades are always fined with a ticket. Horsepower upgrades surpassing 20% will get the car impounded. It's not typical that they make you pop the hood, except for turbo guys, but that is mainly because of the BOV sound.

Comment

Cool build!

Strange to hear about the strict laws in Denmark though, when I was there last year May I saw pretty extreme modified cars (also a few extreme dragsters on trailers with racing slicks, but they had a licenseplate though.)
                  Saw a lot of Danish people with modified cars at MIVW (VAG) event too this year and years before.

Pretty much everything is possible here in the Netherlands, you can slap a turbo on or put a 6cil in and get your power adjusted on the paperwork.

Comment

Originally posted by Vladi View Post
                    Cool build!

Strange to hear about the strict laws in Denmark though, when I was there last year May I saw pretty extreme modified cars (also a few extreme dragsters on trailers with racing slicks, but they had a licenseplate though.)
                    Saw a lot of Danish people with modified cars at MIVW (VAG) event too this year and years before.

Pretty much everything is possible here in the Netherlands, you can slap a turbo on or put a 6cil in and get your power adjusted on the paperwork.
                    A lot of people do it, don't be mistaken, but the consequences of being caught with a tuned out car is ridiculous

Comment

Those laws are NUTS!

$20k + for a modified car is ridiculous. Though, here in California, i've heard of people's cars getting impounded and going straight to the crusher. No way to save it. Not sure if there are fines beyond whatever they initially pulled you over for.

Comment

Those laws are NUTS!

$20k + for a modified car is ridiculous. Though, here in California, i've heard of people's cars getting impounded and going straight to the crusher. No way to save it. Not sure if there are fines beyond whatever they initially pulled you over for.
                        Do you have any laws about modification ? I've seen turbo builds on youtube with 600+hp driving around in public, is that legal?

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Denmark View Post
                          Do you have any laws about modification ? I've seen turbo builds on youtube with 600+hp driving around in public, is that legal?
                          In California, most mods are illegal.

Being lowered

Modified exhaust_which is supposed to be illegal over a certain decibel level, but cops will use it as a reason to pull you over and search for more mods. If they find more or pop your hood and find an engiine swap, you're probably gonna get your car impounded.

Any mods to exterior lighting

All visible engine mods unless they come with a CARB exempt sticker, which not many do.

Sound system too loud

Basically, everything is illegal but it all comes down to the cop's attitude. If they want to be a dick, they'll use any visible mod as an excuse to pull you over, then make you pop your hood. If the cop is cool, they probably won't bother you as long as you're not street racing or acting stupid.

Comment

In California, most mods are illegal.

Being lowered

Modified exhaust_which is supposed to be illegal over a certain decibel level, but cops will use it as a reason to pull you over and search for more mods. If they find more or pop your hood and find an engiine swap, you're probably gonna get your car impounded.

Any mods to exterior lighting

All visible engine mods unless they come with a CARB exempt sticker, which not many do.

Sound system too loud

Basically, everything is illegal but it all comes down to the cop's attitude. If they want to be a dick, they'll use any visible mod as an excuse to pull you over, then make you pop your hood. If the cop is cool, they probably won't bother you as long as you're not street racing or acting stupid.
                            Are you joking me? Because i laughed a little, its tragic, yes, but somewhat entertaining. Sound system too loud? Woot the hell man?

There are no direct laws against lowering, but the headlights (measured from the bulb) should always be more than 499mm above the road.

How often does it happen that cops don't mind it, and be cool around this stuff?

Here in Denmark, cops hates these 4" Fart Can exhausts, but only if you drive around like an idiot, keep your revs below 2500rpm when going through the gears, and they usually dont care.

Comment

Good news everyone!

As i expected, my stock exhaust was bottle-necking the power, which would explain the erratic power band behavior, i managed to pick up around 10hp (Not WHP) across the entire RPM range, i can literally feel the change in the way, the engine runs. Check out the dynosheet -->

It looks like something is clogging the power at low rpm, look at the erratic powerband again, this could probably be fixed with a tune-up. But the car will be stored for the winter pretty damn soon (Within 7 days ) and at some point when the all the important stuff is done, it will get fresh plugs and everything else that is needed.

The head will be completely overhauled and get a stage 2 port and polish (As i've been talking about in the other thread, for those who read there)

Comment

You gained power everywhere! At least you'll have time to plan during the winter.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                                X