CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 11-28-2010, 12:02 AM   #1
Kile Mcgile
CB7tuner Member

Kile Mcgile is cool... so far.
JDM H22a boost setup question

Hey all. I ran this over with the local Honda club, but wanted yet another opinion. Would it be a smart idea to buy an ebay turbo kit like this: http://cgi.ebay.ca/TURBO-KIT-90-93-9...item588aed0402

And replace the turbo, wastegate and BOV with HKS ones and be just fine? This would be a better idea financially, but will it all run fine with the higher compression JDM h22a and having many no-name parts? Any and all tips and info are GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!
Kile Mcgile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:56 AM   #2
Kile Mcgile
CB7tuner Member

But say it was, say it was a very legit kit, just no name. And that actually came with the proper manifold, would that be a wise decision to piece it together like that? Especially if I were to be forced to get a USDM kit on a JDM engine?
Old 11-28-2010, 04:21 AM   #3
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Replacing those parts with quality parts will indeed make a world of difference.

However, the biggest thing you need to be concerned about is proper tuning. Tune it correctly, and use parts that won't fail right away, and you'll be good.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:31 PM   #4
Kile Mcgile
CB7tuner Member

Thank you so much deeves! I think that's what ill do then. I have a little Hondata s100 w/ boost. I know it's bare minimum but i'm sure that bare minimum isnt going to destroy anything. Haha. I really appreciate it!
Old 11-28-2010, 12:36 PM   #5
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Yeah, that'll be enough to be safe. It just has to be tuned properly for YOUR setup. Don't ever believe that a generic tune will work...

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boost , h22a , jdm , turbo

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: