CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 12-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #41
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
What do you mean? That's precisely what it's for.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #42
illinois_erik
CB7tuner Member

illinois_erik is very helpful illinois_erik is very helpful illinois_erik is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flushcb View Post
Yeah I've scemmed through a few posts about it, it's seems pretty easy. Idk how to get the lower valve cover off though, it's like the pulley is in the way. Do I have to take it off?
Quote:
Could I get this little kit to replace the automatic tensioner?
: http://www.importrp.com/product.php?productid=41997
Yes youll have to take off the pulley. an impact should zap it right off. some people need the 50mm hex adapter to get it off and youll need it to torque the pulley bolt back to 189ft lbs.

The timing tensioner...i forgot about that because we havnt gotten that far yet..but it seems you dont scare off easily lol.
The kit you showed would work, but ive heard its a pain in the ass and if you dont do it right, you can have problems.
When I deleted my balance shafts I got KS tuned's timing tensioner which bolts in place of hondas hydraulic tensioner

Old 12-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #43
Flushcb
CB7tuner Member

Flushcb is cool... so far.
I don't really lol, I like learning things like this so in the future I could help someone who's doing this swap out. Plus my name's going to be on this swap so I don't want a bad reputation around here, because they NEVER let you live a mistake down. Anyways with the kit it wont have the hydraulic tensioner when I'm finished, right?

Last edited by Flushcb; 12-26-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Flushcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #44
Old Dog 61
CB7tuner Member

Old Dog 61 is cool... so far.
I almost bought the same kit, I did some reading up on the H23 tensioner swap. The one problem I remember reading about was getting the timing belt on, people were saying it was too tight.
Other people said they had no problem with the belt. Since the kaizenspeed tensioner was only $99.95 since I didn't buy the timing belt with it. In the end both will work and do the job.

I bought the kizenspeed tensioner for my H22 for the reason that it is a direct replacement of the auto-tensioner.
All of the other stock timing components stay which means the timing belt fit fine before I swaped out the tensioner, and it fit fine after I swaped in the new tensioner. It was a personal choice
Old Dog 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #45
Flushcb
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog 61 View Post
I almost bought the same kit, I did some reading up on the H23 tensioner swap. The one problem I remember reading about was getting the timing belt on, people were saying it was too tight.
Other people said they had no problem with the belt. Since the kaizenspeed tensioner was only $99.95 since I didn't buy the timing belt with it. In the end both will work and do the job.

I bought the kizenspeed tensioner for my H22 for the reason that it is a direct replacement of the auto-tensioner.
All of the other stock timing components stay which means the timing belt fit fine before I swaped out the tensioner, and it fit fine after I swaped in the new tensioner. It was a personal choice
Well I hope I won't have any problems. If I do I'll just buy the ks tensioner, and go that way. I'm still trying to figure out how to replace some seals lol. I'm bass ackwards.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #46
illinois_erik
CB7tuner Member

illinois_erik is very helpful illinois_erik is very helpful illinois_erik is very helpful
Quote:
I don't really lol, I like learning things like this so in the future I could help someone who's doing this swap out. Plus my name's going to be on this swap so I don't want a bad reputation around here, because they NEVER let you live a mistake down. Anyways with the kit it wont have the hydraulic tensioner when I'm finished, right?
cool cool man. yeah you always have to do your best when your names on it. If its just inexperience shit happens. but if you do it right you can gloat
so yeah if you swap over the H23 tensioning set itll be tensioned with a spring
Old 12-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #47
Old Dog 61
CB7tuner Member

Old Dog 61 is cool... so far.
What I really liked about the IRP kit was that it uses genuine Honda parts you can't go wrong with Honda quality.
Old Dog 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:35 PM   #48
Flushcb
CB7tuner Member

Oh yes haha. I'm glad I started this thread, otherwise I'd be in the hole not knowing then what I know now. I ordered that gasket kit and the h23 manual tensioner so now I guess I just need to find out how to replace other seals and check everything else on the motor.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #49
Flushcb
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog 61 View Post
What I really liked about the IRP kit was that it uses genuine Honda parts you can't go wrong with Honda quality.
Sure can't!
Old 12-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #50
Flushcb
CB7tuner Member

So, the H23 manual tensioner came in today and I got to work, so did my headers and ecu! took long enough.
Anyways anyone know what the toque specs for all the bolts on the manual tensioner are? I've looked all through the manual but no where does it specify the torque specs.
Also got and installed the new clutch and pressure plate but might just use a new flywheel.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #51
Flushcb
CB7tuner Member

This is after!

Last edited by Flushcb; 12-30-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Tags
1991 , f22 , h22 , jdm , swap

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: