Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22 check engine light due to EGR Valve right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i still can't figure out why my STOCK f22a1 engine doesn't have a egr valve or
    maybe it's REALLY hidden i looked hard too

but the h22a is Clearly Visible

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

They're both in the same place.

Unless someone blocked it off, all accord/preludes have an egr valve.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

idk my f22 doesn't have it

drivers side fuel rail right ?

but the h22 does have it but no hooked up

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris
          idk my f22 doesn't have it

drivers side fuel rail right ?

but the h22 does have it but no hooked up

Umm...it's on the passenger side. Same with the h22.

If the vacuum line isn't hooked up, then just hook it up to any vacuum source. It doesn't matter where, as long as its hooked up.

*quick edit

I think you might be looking at the wrong thing.

that's the egr. The thing on the right is the IAB diaphragm. The reason your f22a1 doesnt have it is because only the f22a6 came with it.
          Last edited by d112crzy; 11-14-2007, 12:02 AM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i had this same code and couldnt for the life of me figure it out. until I found the vac hose and it clicked in my head. (that and along with looking at vacuum diagrams) The hose you want to hook up to the egr valve is running from the bottom portion of the black box on the firewall.. there should be I think 2 vac hoses...one of em is it. Or it was on my car, anyway (91 ex).

also, you cant just hook it up to any vac source. you have to connect it to the egr solenoid. otherwise the valve will be always open, or always closed, and will trip a code. Thats what I was doing..running it direct to the intake manifold and getting a code and being like wtf?? I even swapped valves before I caught on what was up.
            Seattle Silver crew #5
            Member of the Midwest Car Club.
            ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

OH!!!

well from ALL the pictures i've seen of EGR valve i thought the EGR valve on that Picuture you Circled above was the one on the RIGHT!! (drivers side)

im going to have to check that tommorow

so what is that valve or whatever on the right (drivers side)

so the one on the left is the egr right i gotta check it out and see if it's hooked up or not

could be deffective

Comment

Hook up that EGR correctly or else you will have the cel 12 haunting you every 5 minute of driving like me before I fix it. Check the vaccum diagram on your hood, it should tell you which vaccum hose go to the EGR. Here a rough fyi on how it work the ECU send signal to the EGR solenoid in the black emission box, the egr solenoid apply vacumm to the EGR valve. The sensor on the EGR valve tell the ECU that the valve has open/close. Any of the step above fail u will see cel 12. Also if your car run very rich on fuel your EGR valves will get clog up with carbon deposit real fast and the EGR valve can not open/close another source for cel 12... light

GL..
                90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                  The USDM motors have only 3 plugs in the ECU. JDM ones have 4, one for the Traction control I think. Code 41 i beleive it is. I cant confirm this, but mine has it.

USDM has plugs A,B,D. JDM has A,B,C,D
                  Normal JDM P13 for JDM H22A has only 3 plug A, B, D just like the USDM.
                  Only The 4WS JDM P13 from a H22 Wagon has 4 Plug A, B, C, D.
                  95% of the JDM P13 ECU I seen/people have is 3 Plug- direct plug-in to accord cb7.
                  90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                  < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by blazen_accord
                    Hook up that EGR correctly or else you will have the cel 12 haunting you every 5 minute of driving like me before I fix it. Check the vaccum diagram on your hood, it should tell you which vaccum hose go to the EGR. Here a rough fyi on how it work the ECU send signal to the EGR solenoid in the black emission box, the egr solenoid apply vacumm to the EGR valve. The sensor on the EGR valve tell the ECU that the valve has open/close. Any of the step above fail u will see cel 12. Also if your car run very rich on fuel your EGR valves will get clog up with carbon deposit real fast and the EGR valve can not open/close another source for cel 12... light

GL..
                    sounds almost like a bloated version of what I said......also, I used a block off plate on my EGR... I didnt bother cleaning the ports before I swapped it in, with the intention of blocking it off anyway.
                    Last edited by accord91lx; 11-15-2007, 12:12 AM.
                    Seattle Silver crew #5
                    Member of the Midwest Car Club.
                    ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

Working...
                    X