Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to make 30+hp for $500 or less... (DX/LX F22A1 only)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's cool to know.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
      I never measured exactly, but it is definitely noticeable.

I would say about the same as a SS DC header, and more than a ceramic one.
      I have a theory about aftermarket headers leading to early igniter failure due to higher underhood temps. I know for a fact that my distributor was MUCH hotter with the aftermarket header (verified by infrared thermometer).
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
        A6 does have different intake and exhaust valve springs than the A1/A4 motor. Interesting how the more we dig into these differences, the more we find.

Here are some color designations to tell the differences between springs physically:

A6

INT - blue
        EXH - green

A1/A4

INT - yellow
        EXH - orange
        u beat me to it
        called honda and they'd verified for me
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
          I have a theory about aftermarket headers leading to early igniter failure due to higher underhood temps. I know for a fact that my distributor was MUCH hotter with the aftermarket header (verified by infrared thermometer).

I have never had any issues. From a operational standpoint on my end, the temps were similar, especially while idling in the summer. Temps went and stayed well above 200*.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Alright. I just recently got an A6 pulled from my car, cause the head gasket blew, and we think the head was already shaved once. So, new engine. New engine's an A1. The mechanics swapped my intake manifold and throttle body from the A6 already. So, I'm already 3 ahead. Intake manifold, throttle body, and A6 ecu that's already in the car. I also have a dc-sport header. Would I still be better of gettin' the A4 header? Right now, I'm workin' on gettin' the camshaft. I see in the list, that the intake manifold and throttle body is recommended from the h23. Would the h23's make any difference from the A6's? And what's the IAB. I'ma talk to the mechanic, and hunt down my engine from wherever he sent it. Just not sure what the IAB is. Annnd, I read up about gettin' a p12, and gettin' a little extra from it. Since I'm throwin' A6 parts on the car, is that ecu still recommended. Greatly appreciated.
            Last edited by Gotz Cb7; 03-31-2008, 11:12 AM. Reason: ecu
            98' Mustang 3V Swap
            11' VW CC R36

Comment

The P12 doesn't control the IAB system, which is the secondary runner setup in the intake manifold. You can set that up to open via vacuum, but it's not quite as good that way. There has been no hard evidence that a P12 will be better on an A6 than the P06. Both the H23 and A6 have IABs. The F22A1, Accord or Prelude, does not.

I'm still trying to figure out if the F22A7 has IABs... that would be interesting, and a very desirable ECU for a mild stock setup.

The H23 intake manifold and throttle body, at least the plenum (the upper part) and throttle body, are an upgrade over the A6.

The DC header is better than the A4 piece. Not significantly, but still better. It's not really worth the price if you're trying to decide on an upgrade from the A1 manifold, but if you already have it, it's a good thing to use.

Comment

So, this runner setup. I'ma take a guess, but does that have to do with the 4 ports in the a1 and a4, and the 8 ports in the a6's? Like, 4 ports run, and then at 4k rpms in the a6, the other 4 open to make 8?
                98' Mustang 3V Swap
                11' VW CC R36

Comment

Yes. Take it apart and you'll see.

Comment

So right now, when I start up the car tomorrow, with the a6 intake manifold, dc-sport header, and the a6 ecu already in the car (besides intake and exhaust), the car would....or would not drive the same as it did with the actual a6 in it?
                    98' Mustang 3V Swap
                    11' VW CC R36

Comment

And if the runner setup is inside the intake manifold already, and I already have the a6 ecu...wouldn't the runners work? Or would I need the black box thing? (if it's not already on the manifold)
                      98' Mustang 3V Swap
                      11' VW CC R36

Comment

You need the black box for the IABs to work, and it has to be wired to the ECU.

Comment

Where's this black box located? Is it on the actual intake manifold? And it should be a plug-in, correct? (to the ecu), so basically.....it's just dangling right now.
                          98' Mustang 3V Swap
                          11' VW CC R36

Comment

Originally posted by Gotz Cb7
                            So right now, when I start up the car tomorrow, with the a6 intake manifold, dc-sport header, and the a6 ecu already in the car (besides intake and exhaust), the car would....or would not drive the same as it did with the actual a6 in it?

It will not run as good without the A6 cam. The cam is a VERY large part of the upgrade.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

hey quick ? will it work for a automatic and with these parts do i have to worry bout any smog issues if so let me know thanks i wanna do this as soon as possible.
                              ~CB7 Phoenix~

(picture missing help me get a new one )

The California White Tux
                              *and its alive!! hahaha*
                              *under construction*M.R.T: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1689652 *changes soon to take over*

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                                It will not run as good without the A6 cam. The cam is a VERY large part of the upgrade.
                                Mines runs very well and gets great gas mileage without the A6 cam, using a PT6. I actually got about 40.85mpg on one leg of my trip to texas.
                                Originally posted by sweet91accord
                                if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X