Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were replacing your TSX today what would you be looking at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiptech it's going to be interesting to see what the new Acura starts putting out with the V6 turbo's with SH-AWD, something to replace the TSX might be just around the corner. Then again Acura could totally fail this, but they are supposed to be going in a slightly new direction.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

What's depreciation like on the Genesis and Stinger?

Hondas / Toyotas (and other Japanese brands, to a lesser extent) hold their values quite well in the second hand market, but I haven't been following the Koreans. I'd be curious what a 2-3 year old Stinger would cost. I would have to think with their great warranties, it could be a fantastic buy.

If the SUV killed the wagon, the CUV killed the sedan. The problem lies in the increased size of everything involved with children. It's a lot easier to drop an infant seat into a CUV that's at the same height as you and throw the carriage in the back.

My wife and I purchased a CX-5 in early 2016 and at the time cross-shopped the CR-V, RAV4 and Forester and we agreed that an Accord would meet 90% of the needs if the financials didn't work as the Accord could be configured slightly cheaper than the CUV options, but ultimately decided the space / ease of loading outweighed the negatives.

Granted we then got a Grand Cherokee when the CX-5 was totaled in an accident, but that's a story for another day.

The sedan makes sense as a second vehicle, but I do feel like it's falling out of favor, which is a shame. Hopefully the hatchback options will bridge the gap.

The other issue which isn't as impactful for you in AZ is the ride height / AWD optiosn in terms of snowy climate. There are times my wife has been out and about for the afternoon during a storm and the end of our driveway might have 3-6" of plowed snow. It's a whole lot easier to get over/through it with higher ride height than with a sedan.

Comment

Working...
      X