Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injectors

Ok so earlier i pulled the trigger on a Walbro 255, i am now looking for injectors but i do not have any specific set narrowed down like i did with the pumps(walbro 255vs Aeromotive 340); my question is does anybody have any input on Precision injectors? I am looking for something in the range of 850-1000cc.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Raf99 is running Precision. He'd be glad to give feedback, I'm sure. He pays pretty close attention to detail, so the very fact that he went with Precision would lead me to believe it's not a bad choice. Injector Dynamics seems to be the other favored brand among our high-horsepower turbo guys (that's what our two most powerful CB7s are running).

Comment

Was just going to say, Injector Dynamics or Precision, can't go wrong with ether!
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Thanks guys, I had a small direct q&a with Raf and due to his response about his own build it seems I will be going with 1000cc injectors to not be capped so early on by smaller injectors as it is cheaper to upgrade fuel pumps than to buy new injectors.

Comment

If you plan to use E85, I'd opt for something even larger. The cost difference isn't that great and the extra headroom is nice. They're al Bosch EV14-based, so will all use the same connector.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
            If you plan to use E85, I'd opt for something even larger. The cost difference isn't that great and the extra headroom is nice. They're al Bosch EV14-based, so will all use the same connector.
            Last time i chatted with you my mind was set on using E85, however there is only 1 gas station within a ten mile radius of me that sells the liquid gold and it is in the opposite direction of anything i do. The more i thought about it, it did not made any sense on having to plan where i go or when, so that i do not run out of fuel along the way. That was the reason why i jumped at the walbro255 instead of the 450 model and as far as injectors go i can purchase the 1200cc units since the price difference is less than $50 for the set.

Comment

What's your horsepower goal? And what's the plan for the car? I personally wouldn't want more than 350whp in a cb7.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                What's your horsepower goal? And what's the plan for the car? I personally wouldn't want more than 350whp in a cb7.
                This thing will be making power very similar to Raf's car, as a matter of fact i also told Raf 450HP is about the max useful power on this cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
                  Last time i chatted with you my mind was set on using E85, however there is only 1 gas station within a ten mile radius of me that sells the liquid gold and it is in the opposite direction of anything i do. The more i thought about it, it did not made any sense on having to plan where i go or when, so that i do not run out of fuel along the way. That was the reason why i jumped at the walbro255 instead of the 450 model and as far as injectors go i can purchase the 1200cc units since the price difference is less than $50 for the set.
                  another option to get more octane is to run 50/50 water methanol setup, as it only sprays when your in boost(if its setup correctly)
                  this is what ill be doing on my car also, as same story e85 is about 10 miles away... in the wrong direction

Comment

Originally posted by 93redcb7 View Post
                    another option to get more octane is to run 50/50 water methanol setup, as it only sprays when your in boost(if its setup correctly)
                    this is what ill be doing on my car also, as same story e85 is about 10 miles away... in the wrong direction
                    I dont understand why in a city the size of Houston there are not more E85 locations, i think as far as simplicity premium gas will do. I actually took the time and drive to each location labeled E85 but 4 locations turned out to be a bust, one of which is literally a mile off my route to work

Comment

Working...
                    X