Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Power Wire Installation Help ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Wire Installation Help ASAP

i cant find a spot to run the power wire from my battery into the car..... where is there a good spot to run the wire threw from the engine bay????

Passenger side, right above the ecu, there is a plug. Run it thru that

Comment

man dude.... i done tried that as well man... lol no success like it was going threw were the wire harnest is but i couldn't find it inside.....

Comment

you have to dig around for it..it would help if you remove the carpet

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
        Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
        Originally posted by bmxicansd
        so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

ok.... im gonna try my best tomorrow morning hoping to get a positive outcome.... but i mean all i seen under the carpet was my big ass computer i think and just mad covers of things.... i even removed my glove compartment....

Comment

It's above the computer against the firewall, you will see a rubber grommet.

Comment

lol feed the wire from inside the car and grab it through the engine bay.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

haha just shove it thru the ac drip hole :P

thats what i did cuz i got impatient in waiting to hook it up lol

.My Ride.

Comment

The rubber grommet above the ecu might have to be cut a little bit to push the wire through but it'll go through it. Do like Sonik said and feed it through from the inside of the car into the engine bay.

Comment

its a pain ur first time but by clutch petal theres a spot after that u can re wire fast boy whole shaaaaa-banngi installed a deck amp and 2 12s in my boys cb in 30 mins i know the wiring ground spots ect.....
                    Last edited by speedfr3ak; 01-05-2010, 06:11 PM. Reason: im dummmmboo
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                    i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

Originally posted by speedfr3ak View Post
                      its a pain ur first time but by clutch petal theres a spot after that u can re wire fast boy whole shaaaaa-banngi installed a deck amp and 2 12s in my boys cb in 30 mins i know the wiring ground spots ect.....
                      Running the power wire through on the driver side will take up another 3 feet of wire or so. I know it's not much but running it through the fire wall on the passenger side is the shortest route. You'd normally want to run the power wire through the firewall on the same side of the car that the battery is.

Comment

Did you decide to run your power wire on the passenger side of the car? I did on my install and it is definately easier than on the driver side. Worked great for me

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
                          Passenger side, right above the ecu, there is a plug. Run it thru that
                          this.
                          unless you have stock fogs there shouldnt be any wires, just a black rubber plug, maybe 6 inches above the ecu plate.
                          FA1

Comment

i did mine through passenger side and took my panels out on the side steps of the car and hid my wires underneath there andjust ran it thru my back seat..

Comment

Working...
                            X