I'm thinking about buying a Subaru SVX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking about buying a Subaru SVX

All my crazy swap ideas are out the window. I want an SVX.

AWD, boxer 6, leather, sunroof, and a kickass appearance. Yes, it's automatic, but that'll keep me from going nuts on performance... which means I'll keep my AC, my exhaust won't be obnoxious, and I won't care to slam it to the ground. It'll be a sporty luxury car. Just thought I'd share. If anyone knows where I can find a cheap one, lemme know! Cheap, and in good condition... I don't want a wreck.

Dude, wait alot longer before buying something. You obviously can't make a concrete decision yet. Trust me, I know how it is.

Comment

i need to look this care up....i have never seen it let alone heard of it hahha......i want a new car too lol..i want a TL shit i wish....maybe after i finish college i will have to get me a new car for graduation lol.........

Comment

You know me well!

I've been into the SVX for a long time though... I've finally come to the conclusion that it's what I want.

My main reasons for not wanting one before were the lack of aftermarket and lack of manual transmission. I wasn't up to swapping in a Legacy setup (which is doable).

Now that I've changed my focus, I don't care about making crazy power. I don't want a performance car. I have that in the CB7. I want something nice looking, somewhat unique, and comfortable. I also don't want FWD again... I just want a different drivetrain to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
          I've been into the SVX for a long time though... I've finally come to the conclusion that it's what I want.
          Famous last words

That quote will be in my sig one day, I guarantee it

Comment

True... I wanted the 86 hatchback... and the elantra... and the rx7 (still do...)

Those were all fairly unrealistic though... plans for turbo kits, motor swaps, etc... This time, I want to keep it as-is... Much more my speed.

Comment

Yeah it's ok I guess, but those windows.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

you like the appearence of the SVX??

To each his own, i suppose...

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

^^^could u find a shittier picture of it? hahahha jk

but ya i think it looks like a wanna be 240, but thats just me....i dont really care for them but if u think thats what u want go for it man

Comment

I want a Saab 9k Turbo.. one of my uncle's has one I think I will buy when he sells Tee hee, turbine as bis as my head

Comment

ive always kinda liked em too. and they arent that rare... i know of a couple around my town, and a few around the town where i work... and i see other ones randomly driving around.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

There's a 96 SVX a few blocks from me with about 130k on it in GREAT condition for $3500. Hit me up if you want more details. I'm VERY familiar with them and have done all kinds of work to them so I could check it out thoroughly for you. It's got 17's on it I think...I'd have to go look again. Great choice...there's not very many of them left. There wasn't very many of them made in the first place so I'm with you....get it, keep it as is, and it's value will doble and tripple over the years

My Accord History:
                        91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

If I remember correctly you can swap the WRX driveline into one.
                          Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

Comment

I have a friend who works at a subaru dealer. DON'T buy one. His dealership won't work on them. He has nothing good to say about them.
                            members/ride | the/website
                            180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

I have friends at Subaru dealers too... they say the same thing about the STi!

Honestly, I know of a number of them from 1992 that are still on the road, so that has to mean something. They aren't incredibly rare, but they're still rather different. I see the 240 comparison (and a 240 was another car I considered... the extensive aftermarket actually helped me decide AGAINST that... and the fact that every sr20det I see in person is running like crap...)

Pat, I may be interested in that one near you... I have no money to spend right now, but if it's still there when I'm ready, I'll definitely hit you up! I figure I might try either the local auctions (my stepdad owns a dealership, and has an in) or a buy-here-pay-here lot... so I can make payments without needing full coverage (which in NJ is insanely high).

Comment

Working...
                              X