Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Hit A Curb...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit A Curb...

Yeah so my car was a victim of a curb. I wasn't driving but when i got my car back it was like this . I replaced the upper and lower control arms, and that strut. Took the car to get an alignment and they tell me it cant be aligned. They're telling me i have a bent engine cradle. It's gonna cost a good $400 for them to replace that. Would that be a good idea or just give up and try to find another CB shell to use???

i had the same problem! same side and evryting, i just gave up and bought a new one for 640. Its up to you what you wanna do pay that money to fix it or just buy something else.

Comment

you can get that piece for cheap at the junkyard. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I had a similar issue when I crashed my lude. All I had to do was replace the knuckle and I was good to go. If you let those alignment guys do it, theyre just gonna put a $40 camber kit on your accord and say its fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
          you can get that piece for cheap at the junkyard. later.
          I've found some pretty cheap, the only problem is finding the right kind of shop to take it to. I'm not sure what this kind of work would be classified as.

Originally posted by Ernestox6 View Post
          I had a similar issue when I crashed my lude. All I had to do was replace the knuckle and I was good to go. If you let those alignment guys do it, theyre just gonna put a $40 camber kit on your accord and say its fixed.
          I forgot to mention i replaced the knuckle too.

Comment

Originally posted by 93CB7Bruh View Post
            I've found some pretty cheap, the only problem is finding the right kind of shop to take it to. I'm not sure what this kind of work would be classified as.

I forgot to mention i replaced the knuckle too.
            Oh dang. Alright. Then maybe a camber kit as a temporary fix?

Comment

get the part from the junkyard. and save and buy a new set of tires because those ones look horrible
              You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
              Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

I think u should just get a cb shell and swap everything over and u will have extra parts that's my op

Comment

damn if u can get a shell for the same or even cheaper this way u have extra parts too so that a plus

Comment

Originally posted by calijdmcb7 View Post
                    damn if u can get a shell for the same or even cheaper this way u have extra parts too so that a plus
                    even this guy is banned but he has a point. hahha
                    if you buy another cb, that way one can be a donor car and the other a project.

Comment

Yeah i think imma look for a shell when i get the money. Hopefully i can find an EX. I like having a moonroof...

Comment

Working...
                      X