Audio experts, Box advice needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio experts, Box advice needed!

Whats up cb7'ers, I have a lazy idea and need to know if this would work. Fist off this is not for a cb, I'm wanting to do a spare tire enclosure. MY idea is this. Seeing this area i'm working with is oblong and has about 2.5 cubic feet and a 2 inch lip flush all the way around the top. Could i get away with dynomating the "tub" section and using 3/4in mdf cut out to top this space off. Using something along the lines of liquid nails to glue and seal the speaker board over the tub area?
    I though about glassing the tub to make a mold but that's alot of work, Cost and mess, then having to bond it to the mdf to make one peice. Let me hear your thoughts. Thanks.

oh and dead center of this is the spare tire mounting spot, you know the ones that spin down to hold the tire in place. I would use this to also to help mount the wood down using a large fender washer and bolt. Ha!

Comment

This is the same concept used in an IB configuration. If you can get it sealed up nice and tight, you'll be set.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

That's what i was hoping. I have not seen anyone actually do this before so was not sure if it causes problems. Now i need to decide on speakers. three ten's. two twelves, one twelve. who knows. I may just do one twelve and slide in a 6'' round port.

Comment

Make sure that port gets you a good tuning frequency and it's wide enough to minimize port noise.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
          X