Tire sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire sizes

What tires can I fit on my wheels They are excel I think and right now they have 205/40/r17 I'm not home or I'd measure them I wanna know what else I can put on there
    MRTvvv
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193522

If that's the width you want I would step up to a 45-series tire. The one on there is about 3/4" too small for the car.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Would a 215/50/r17 work? My dad was telling me to just do a 195/50/r17 so it stretches a lil bit lol
      MRTvvv
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193522

Comment

A 215/50/17 is over an inch larger than the original tire. Your car will ride much more softly than it would on those smaller rims but at the expense of greater rolling mass, uncalibrated speedometer and potential suspension clearance issues on lowered cars.

The 195/50/17 is alright. It's the same width as a factory tire for an EX/SE. If you're wanting to put these on a rim wider than 6.5 then I'm refusing to help you because stretching a tire is stupid.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

how do you know how wide the rim should be for a specific tire size? i know what the other numbers represent but when it comes to the offset i've always been lost
          IG:worldboss_sanjcb7

Comment

Originally posted by sanJ_01 View Post
            how do you know how wide the rim should be for a specific tire size? i know what the other numbers represent but when it comes to the offset i've always been lost
            If your unsure you should log onto the specific tire manufacturers website and find the tire and size your curious about and they will list the recommended rim width.

Comment

Originally posted by Sordz View Post
              If your unsure you should log onto the specific tire manufacturers website and find the tire and size your curious about and they will list the recommended rim width.
              Or you can just do a conversion.... 205 stands for 205mm wide. Therefore a 205 series tire would be 8 inches wide.

Comment

Originally posted by cuate01221 View Post
                Or you can just do a conversion.... 205 stands for 205mm wide. Therefore a 205 series tire would be 8 inches wide.
                No that won't work to size your rims. A 205 would generally be put on a 5.5-7.5" rim but sidewall and other factors can come into play. But it is best to check with the manufacturer.

Many things can be done, along with stretching tires like crazy. But if don't know enough about it just stick to the manufacturers suggested rim sizes.

Comment

Working...
                X