Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

hitting vtec vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hitting vtec vids

well i decided to go out a make a couple short videos of vtec engagment of my car. my setup is a f22b1/f23a head, h23 tranny, ram intake, h22tb port matched to f23a intake, stock exaust mani, 2.5 pipe no cat with a nock off n1 can, poa ecu (stock f22b1), 215/45/16r falken azenis, all in a 94 eg hatch.as of right now i have no carpet or head liner so there is a bad echo in the videos. and deev please don't roast my vtec.lol if i knew what i know now i would have never put it in but what's done is done. till she blows. the red light on the cluster that comes on is wired into the ecu piggy backed on to the vtec signal wires so when it is on vtec is engaged. yes my siliniod works and these videos are just proven that you will hear no differents in tone when it is on or off and i am just showing when vtec engages and as you can tell if you drive it like normal you will always be in vtec unless cruising under 50 mph in a higher gear. and that when you barely give it any juice it will engage at 2100 rpms. sorry all the vids are jumpy holding a camera and driving is harder than it might seem.
    first video is me just showing how easy it is for vtec to engage and when it does

this one is another just showing it isn't much and it is very touchy

this is me playing from a 20 roll from 2nd to 3rd then slowing down and just cruising

this is playing from a stop through 3rd yes i shift at 6000 rpm's because it starts to fall on it's face after that and it just feels better and i didn't go wot at first because these tires bite hard and i was holding the cam and don't have power streering just letting you know.

and here is another one for you all

here are some pis of her i know some have seen her before

enjoy
    Last edited by FNEG; 04-13-2009, 10:24 PM.

45 views and not one word.
    i like how the other guy on here that is putting a b1 in a ek and said vtec hitts like a mofo. so this is proof f22 vtec isn't what people make it out to be

Comment

sounds strong buddy keep it up
      UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
      NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Whats up FNEG! I love the gearing of the H23 tranny Much better than the long geared f series. I plan to use the same tranny! Did you have to order a clutch for the H23? Or will the F series clutch work?
        I'm curious what kind of time it would run.

I Can definatly Hear/Feel VTEC kick in in my car. Even 30 psi down on #4.
        My cross over point is at 3700. I could see that making a difference. It really kicked hard when it was untuned and engaging at 5000. almost like it was starving for air.

You can hear it though, @ 43 seconds.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuSL82LwBn4
        Last edited by Hon2984; 04-14-2009, 08:44 PM.

Comment

that light would bother me ...

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
          -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

i saw the first vid and was like wtf? i would tack that shit right out.
            miss my turbo cb7
            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by Hon2984 View Post
              Whats up FNEG! I love the gearing of the H23 tranny Much better than the long geared f series. I plan to use the same tranny! Did you have to order a clutch for the H23? Or will the F series clutch work?
              I'm curious what kind of time it would run.

I Can definatly Hear/Feel VTEC kick in in my car. Even 30 psi down on #4.
              My cross over point is at 3700. I could see that making a difference. It really kicked hard when it was untuned and engaging at 5000. almost like it was starving for air.

You can hear it though, @ 43 seconds.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuSL82LwBn4
              i used a stock h23 clutch but the f22 one will work
              do you have it tuned to engage at 3700???
              when untuned engaging at 5000 what ecu???
              this i why it seems to open up at 4500ish it is when the power peeks

the lean out problem is fixed now lol
              Last edited by FNEG; 04-14-2009, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990Ex View Post
                sounds strong buddy keep it up
                thanks i will this weekend is gsr rear disc swap

Comment

Originally posted by ibr_adam09 View Post
                  that light would bother me ...
                  it isn't that bad it showed up brighter on the camera than it really is but i plan on putting a 500 ohm resistor on it to dim it a little. it already has a 300 ohm.

Comment

Ya tuned on crome! P28.

When I got it from phearable it had a base map that was pretty far off. Which they recommended that I have it tuned right away any way. But it was set a 5000 on the untuned base map.

Honestly it doesnt feel that strong but i also am 30 psi down on #4. 124whp,125 wlbft tq. But it sure does get good MPG. 33-36MPG.

Thanks for the info about the clutch!

Comment

i see why did you have them set it so high when it was designed to engage lower??? i get around 30-32 with the h23 tranny and when i drove to d.c. from nashville tn around 1000 miles 1 way i got 30 mpg crusing at around 4000 rpm's al the way. ( i was loud as f... but a fun trip)

Comment

Is that a sohc vtec? Yes that is.. If that was a dohc you would hear and Feel it.
                        Last edited by Gettin_faster91; 04-14-2009, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettin_faster91 View Post
                          Is that a sohc vtec? Yes that is.. If that was a dohc you would hear and Feel it.
                          lol it still does good for what it is

Comment

Originally posted by FNEG View Post
                            lol it still does good for what it is
                            definatly. you almost laid down the factory crank hp @ the wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Hon2984 View Post
                              definatly. you almost laid down the factory crank hp @ the wheels.
                              i think i am over now since i got my leaning problem fixed since the dyno i need to go back up there and see before boost.( my leaning was do to the tps out of wack) and it feels much better and heathier up top above 5500 now.

Comment

Working...
                              X