CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Classifieds > Ebay-ONLY Classifieds

Old 12-10-2017, 08:53 PM   #1
Jon
Contributing Member

Jon is very helpful Jon is very helpful
Massive lot of Prothane bushings

Plain and simple, I have a sh*t ton of Prothane kits that I would LOVE to unload in three weeks or less (for tax purposes).
Sway bar bushings, shackles, radiator mounts, bump stops, and more!
Many makes, models, and years.

A total of 585 kits. Some are red poly, some are black poly. A complete list is in the listing.

Open to offers for some or all of the kits. And more than happy to deal off ebay (I know they are going to hit me with crazy ass fees for this lot).
I haven't finished weighing all of them, but I'm estimating around 400 pounds of hardware, so a valid street or business address is required... sorry no PO boxes.

If you're not personally interested but know someone who might be, let them know!
I stand 100% behind my reputation as a seller on ebay, off ebay, as well as right here on the forums.

Prothane Bushings

Reply, PM, or email me.
Code:
jonsautoshack@gmail.com
Thanks in advance!
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:24 PM   #2
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
I don't think it's completely clear, but I gather you're trying to unload them all as one purchase, correct?
Old 12-10-2017, 09:45 PM   #3
Jon
Contributing Member

Ideally I would like to unload all the kits. However I am willing to split them up if someone wants say 150 of the kits or something like that.

Open to offers.

All 585 kits will either be palletized and shipped freight/LTL or broken up into several smaller shipments via FedEx/UP. Kinda depends on where and how far I'm shipping them.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:44 PM   #4
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

sonikaccord seems to have made some friends!
585*$200= $117,000
Minus purchase costs and shipping. I think one could EASILY recoup their money in this. Good deal!
Old 12-11-2017, 07:10 PM   #5
Jon
Contributing Member

Thanks, but it really depends on the kit as these aren't master/complete kits, just the smaller individual ones.

If you want to undercut everyone on ebay, some of the small ones like the 19-919 kit (shock bushing for Koni struts) sells for $14-$22. Whereas if you take the 4-1010-BL kit they are going for $50-$100 a piece. So again, there is money to be made.

Should be able to go through and figure out the total MSRP as well as median ebay price in the next few days... just been busy.

Side note, if you are in Canada you could probably get a lot more since these are difficult to get in Canada and most sellers on ebay don't ship there. Just something to think about.
EDIT: Just did the first 100 in my spreadsheet, MSRP total came to $4500... so average thus far is $45 a unit. $45 x 585 kits = $26,000+.
I might rethink this and just start selling them individually.

Last edited by Jon; 12-11-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:28 PM   #6
Jon
Contributing Member

I haven't updated the listing yet, but the grand total number of kits is 620.
MSRP is around $25k, averaging about $40 a unit. Some of the MSRP prices are actually lower than what they are selling for which I found quite odd.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:49 PM   #7
fleetw00d
Contributing Member

fleetw00d is very helpful fleetw00d is very helpful
Just curious; how does one accumulate this many kits in the first place?
92 EX coupe auto 190,000 - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210341

LOTS of CB7 parts for sale http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192583 or watch for banner ad at upper right
fleetw00d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 10:20 PM   #8
xkjnboix
CB7tuner Member

xkjnboix seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to xkjnboix
list them individually for 10-20$ under the lowest ebay price. youll "unload" them alot faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[color="Magenta"]
xkjnboix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 09:52 AM   #9
Jon
Contributing Member

I'm trying to unload them before the 1st of the year for tax purposes. If I can't, then I'll probably start selling them a few at a time or in smaller lots (I have them packed into five 20 x 20 x 20 boxes right now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetw00d View Post
Just curious; how does one accumulate this many kits in the first place?
These I picked up a hundred at a time over the course of a few months.
Wholesale, closeout, store closing, bankruptcy, etc. Wherever there are auto parts to buy, I'll be looking.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: