Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 lx coupe wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 lx coupe wont start

i just picked up my first cb7 today.its a 91 lx coupe with a f22a1.the guy i bought it from said he was going down the road and it shut off and wouldnt start back.when i got it home i turned it over and it cranked but it sounds like a rocker arm was ticking so i shut it off.I disconnected the battery so i can charge it.i put the battery back in with a full charge and i got my brother to look at it and wouldnt crank it turned over though. it was getting fuel but no fire.it has a new main relay on it,that was the first thing i checked.and i checked all the fuses and they were all good.what does it sound to you guys that is wrong with it?.whatever help i can get with this problem would be greatly appreciated

New main relay?

Not getting spark aye?

Hmm. Ignition module and coil? have you checked those out? multimeter ftw.

life is good.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=144944
      EXTERMINATE ALL MUFFINS!

I WANT YOU! TO JOIN THE CAKE MILITARY SERVICE.
      DO YOUR PART! FOR YOUR SWEET-TOOTH!

Comment

dj
        my distributer has a internal coil in it

i was thinking it is the ignitor gone bad.im borrowing a distributor from one of my buddys tommorow that he has sitting in his garage.hopefully that will fix my problem

Comment

Right, but you can still test the resistance of the coil. If it's low, then that might be one added reason. If it sparks, and your ignitor circuitry appears to be fine it could still be that the ignitor has a fault. In that case, from the negative side, Pull the two connectors to the coil and the wire that goes to pin 2 on the ICM. Then hook up a 12V test light between the 12V negative coil wire and pin #2. Have someone else try to start the car, and see if the ICM still flashes the test light.

life is good.

Comment

thanks dj ill have to try that out if i dont get my buddys distributor today

Comment

Working...
            X