No announcement yet.

Dwhacks : 1992 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you figured it out. I've had this happen to me as well jumped one tooth. Car still ran just no power over like 4200 rpm and would die off quick. Keep up the good work your doing!
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

New Shoes

Well I got some new tires finally! And I got some new (to me) rims! My brother works at a tire place so he got me some house brand wheels (same as I have now) with flaking chrome for free. But! They are 17s! boom. Ha! I "cleaned them up" as good as I could with the amount of effort I was willing to put into them and rattle canned them flat black. Wrapped them with some warehouse old stock Falken Ziex ZE912 215/40ZR17s! Yee ha!

ALSO, does anyone have experience with Koni yellows and Neuspeed Race springs? I fill like its still more bouncy then it should be, and I don't know if I should put them full + or not.
      Bought from: Night Wolf, bassrock234, sonikaccord, 904drACCORDMANG

92 Accord, F23a franken-engine, N/A forever.

Comment

Looking good! That valve cover is so cool!

Did you trim the bump stops? What level are the Koni's set to now? If you intend on using them at full soft or full stiff, always give it about a 1/8 turn from full lock to prevent any issues with the internal mechanism binding up.
        1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by dwhacks View Post
          Well I got some new tires finally! And I got some new (to me) rims! My brother works at a tire place so he got me some house brand wheels (same as I have now) with flaking chrome for free. But! They are 17s! boom. Ha! I "cleaned them up" as good as I could with the amount of effort I was willing to put into them and rattle canned them flat black. Wrapped them with some warehouse old stock Falken Ziex ZE912 215/40ZR17s! Yee ha!

ALSO, does anyone have experience with Koni yellows and Neuspeed Race springs? I fill like its still more bouncy then it should be, and I don't know if I should put them full + or not.
          When I was running 40's on my rims it was extra bouncy, when i moved up to a 45 tire the bounce smoothed out. you may have to low profile of a tire.
          I am running 205/45/17 with koni yellows set on full soft paired with eibach sport springs.
          CB7TUNER.com
          Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

They aren't bumpy, they kind of bounce after a bump in the road more then I thought they would. I was running a 205/55r16 before and they were the same.

I'm running the koni's at their higher perch. I did NOT trim the bump stops as I didn't know that was a thing. The front are 1 turn or 1/2 a turn from full stiff and the rears I think are one and a 1/4 from full stiff. I was just wondering if there was a "setting" for these cars that I could start at, something that works for others.

Comment

Originally posted by dwhacks View Post
              they kind of bounce after a bump in the road more then I thought they would.
              Based solely on this description, here are the first two things that I think of: 1) Are your Koni's new or in proper working condition? If one of them was blown that could cause the added suspension bounce. 2) Have you looked over your bushings? If the springs and shocks are working properly, they may have revealed some play elsewhere.

Consider replacing the lower control arm bushings, if you're running the stock 24 year old rubber, then even new rubber would tighten things up. When I installed polyurethane bushings, I ended up having to dial down my Koni's because they stiffened up the ride significantly.
              1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Ok thanks. I don't really have much experience with this stuff, I just know my brothers 02 impreza seems stiffer and settles faster after bumps.

The koni's are new, all bushings in the front are poly, rears are stock and the LCA ones probably need replacing.

Comment

Working...
                X