Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aisin Timing Belt Kit Reviews?

Hello members,

Anyone ever used the Aisin timing belt kits for the f22 engines? I did some research online and it seems to me that those are actually an OEM supplier to Honda? I am helping a friend of mine with his CD5 and since cash is kind of tight for him we found the Aisin timing belt kit on amazon for about $115 shipped
    Question are those similar to oem quality or not? I have used nothing else but Majestic Honda before to buy parts for my timing belt jobs, but at this point this is not my car and I cant really buy stuff for him... At least I am helping him with free labor...
    What about Tas Auto? Seems like they have some selection of timing belt kits also...
    Also rock auto sells Gates timing belt kit for about the same price?
    If anyone has used either one of those before may be you can help me make the right selection... Once again if was to be my car, I would be calling Majestic Honda and picking up the parts...

Thanks for the input

The Aisin/Mitsuboshi kits are awesome. Been running them on every CB I have ever owned. Can't go wrong. Just make sure he does all the seals while he is there. I get the $225 or $245 kit off ebay when I do mine. But the valve cover gasket, thermostat and all that is not necessary. Got a link?
    Last edited by H311RA151N; 06-27-2014, 03:22 PM.

Comment

What do you think about the dayco kit I get them for 100.00
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=171625

Comment

Both of the kits are on rock auto...
        Gates: http://www.rockauto.com/dbphp/x,cata..._TCKWP186.html

Aisin: http://www.rockauto.com/dbphp/x,cata...IN_TKH007.html

I am also adding the cam and crank seals which are made by timken and are about $3-$4 each to this kit

Also I added the NGK OEM style spark plugs, thermostat and gasket... total out the door is about $120 with the gates kit, seals, plugs and thermostat
        Last edited by L_U_D_I_AAccord; 06-27-2014, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NVmyCB7 View Post
          What do you think about the dayco kit I get them for 100.00
          If your asking me, I think they are probably OK. I have only seen one Dayco timing belt kit that went on 6th gen Accord. I did take a gander at it because it was the first one I had ever seen personally but I know nothing more than that (which really is nothing). And I'm not a timing belt expert either.

If I was going to go with any other kit other than Aisin/Mitsuboshi (which my research tells me is OEM as well) I would use a Gates kit. I have seen many many people run Gates timing belt kits on all sorts of Honda's and have never heard of a failure due to a bad belt. I have actually never heard of a failure due to a bad belt period. With that being said the most important part is doing a good job, not so much as the parts you use. But at the same time, you don't want to do a good job and have the same end result as doing a poor job because you used low quality parts.

So in a nut shell, use what you can afford and do a good job. In my opinion, OEM if you have the money, Gates if you don't. That's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by L_U_D_I_AAccord View Post
            Both of the kits are on rock auto...
            Gates: http://www.rockauto.com/dbphp/x,cata..._TCKWP186.html

Aisin: http://www.rockauto.com/dbphp/x,cata...IN_TKH007.html

I am also adding the cam and crank seals which are made by timken and are about $3-$4 each to this kit

Also I added the NGK OEM style spark plugs, thermostat and gasket... total out the door is about $120 with the gates kit, seals, plugs and thermostat
            I would go with the Aisin kit for the little extra cost. You can be 100% certain you put good parts in when you use an Aisin/Mitsuboshi kit. It gives you the added piece of mind. Not that Gates is a bad choice, I just think Aisin/Mitsuboshi might be a bit better. I always prefer Japanese made parts.

And Timken is a great choice for cam and crank seals. I have used and am currently using a bunch of Timken stuff. Not only on my Hondas either. From my experience, Timken on most things is the best value for your dollar. And I love that you can get Timken parts at Autozone.

EDIT.... I forgot about the spark plugs, NGKs are perfectly fine. I have been running V-Power plugs for years. I always get the full life expectancy and then some. Not that they ever go bad but by checking the gaps and condition upon replacement I would say that they are of excellent quality.
            Last edited by H311RA151N; 06-27-2014, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
              I would go with the Aisin kit for the little extra cost. You can be 100% certain you put good parts in when you use an Aisin/Mitsuboshi kit. It gives you the added piece of mind.

And Timken is a great choice for cam and crank seals. I have used and am currently using a bunch of Timken stuff. Not only on my Hondas either. From my experience, Timken on most things is the best value for your dollar. And I love that you can get Timken parts at Autozone.

EDIT.... I forgot about the spark plugs, NGKs are perfectly fine. I have been running V-Power plugs for years. I always get the full life expectancy and then some. Not that they ever go bad but by checking the gaps and condition upon replacement I would say that they are of excellent quality.
              Well I try to stick with oem or as close to OEM as possible... Timken is also my favorite. The NGK 2262 is actually the stock number for the ZFR5F-11 which is the oem plug for the F22... Most likely we will be getting the Aisin kit, and that's why I wanted to hear different opinion if people had used those kits or not...

Comment

If he simply cannot afford the Aisin kit even though it's just a little more he shouldn't feel bad about using the Gates. It's still a good quality kit.

Good luck with the procedure! Sounds like he has someone who knows a thing or two helping him!

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                  If he simply cannot afford the Aisin kit even though it's just a little more he shouldn't feel bad about using the Gates. It's still a good quality kit.

Good luck with the procedure! Sounds like he has someone who knows a thing or two helping him!
                  I figured the difference is about $20 between the two kits... most likely I will give him the $20 just so I don't have to go back and replace a water pump or take the head off due to a snapped belt... even with my crank tool I just want to do the belt once and move on with my life

Comment

i was pretty sure that GATES makes belts for the US market OEM dealers, so they are definitely way better than noname ebay crap.

I am pretty sure AISIN is a similar company, from Japan, who manufactures parts for overseas OEM manufacturers (a lot of Toyota stuff is made by them)

I don't think you can go wrong with either brand, IMO. I hear great things about the Gates kit, and in the Toyota world everybody is looking for AISIN.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by L_U_D_I_AAccord View Post
                      I figured the difference is about $20 between the two kits... most likely I will give him the $20 just so I don't have to go back and replace a water pump or take the head off due to a snapped belt... even with my crank tool I just want to do the belt once and move on with my life
                      Which ever you end up getting will work just fine between those two. Can't go wrong with either one IMO.

Comment

I have used 3 gates timing belt kits on my accord during the time that I have owned it. I have never had a problem with them.

I would get a OEM thermostat. I had both in my posession at the same time gates and OEM (this is for the H22) and the difference was huge. OEM looked much beefier. I have used gates in the past but when I wen t with the H swap I used all OEM stuff. The thermostat was about the only thing that physically looked better built.

steve

Comment

Working...
                        X