Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

turbo auto in the works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo auto in the works!

allright guys i got a quick question on my turbo build? would a h22 auto tranny hold a DSM turbo setup running 7-9psi 10psi max? this being said the tranny would have a larger B&M tranny cooler hooked up to it!

the reason i want to this is because everyone turboed on this site is a manual which i think is fun, but i want different!

Any thoughts on this? tips? parts? numbers? durability?

by the way the car has 160k with good compression!

"Up Down, Slide To Slide"

Members ride thread- ]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=63019]

Yeah cooler big def. Maybe even two huge ass ones.
    wat?

Comment

ya, i think one should do? B&M has a good cooler thats universal!

Comment

Originally posted by pig pen
        ya, i think one should do? B&M has a good cooler thats universal!
        All coolers are universal basically. I know taraus SHO's had a pretty big one, probably would be alot cheaper than a B&M
        wat?

Comment

thanks!

Comment

You need to be more concerned with the amount of torque rather than the amount of psi, when using an anto trans.
            Also are you going to be using a stock Torque convertor?
            At the least a rebuilt trans would be the way to go. And yes an external trans oil cooler will definatly be required - Add a ATF temp gauge too

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Best of luck man, and as stated already, the power levels will eventually kill your auto, even with a trans cooler.
              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

you gots all my support man! best of suggestions is a GOOD tranny cooler(ex. B&M) and go all out on GOOD ATF (AmSoil or Redline) and that's about as much as CAN be done before getting to internal stuff...

go for it! i gots the same plans

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                My Ride thread
                Flickr
                Originally posted by d112crzy
                And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                All I gotta really say is:
                People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

yes thats true, but the H22 automatic is bulit for a higher torque and higher horse motor? i was just thinking that this auto tranny would be able to withstand the torque that a DSM setup would put out, ecspeccially with good ATF and a large capacity transmission cooler?

Comment

I honestly think it is not so much about being different; it is either:
                    A. You cannot drive manual and are afraid to learn
                    B. Too lazy to swap for 5 speed.

Turboing an automatic Honda is like an automatic fail. It will not last for long. Auto Hondas are shit.

Just ask 91exr33 or whoever. He had a turbo'ed automatic CB7, until he blew the tranny and switched to 5 speed.
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter
                    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
                      I honestly think it is not so much about being different; it is either:
                      A. You cannot drive manual and are afraid to learn
                      B. Too lazy to swap for 5 speed.

Turboing an automatic Honda is like an automatic fail. It will not last for long. Auto Hondas are shit.

Just ask 91exr33 or whoever. He had a turbo'ed automatic CB7, until he blew the tranny and switched to 5 speed.
                      yes but was he using the stock auto tranny or an H22 auto?

Comment

That was with a stock trans. I say run with an auto. If it lasts, it lasts. If it blows up, it blows up. Either way, you have to pull the trans to do a 5 speed swap, blown auto or not.
                        Originally posted by sweet91accord
                        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man

Not entirely true there Gary, Honda auto's are some of the higher quality ones built. My car currently has 216,000 miles on it, the last 30K of which were hard driven by me, and it still shifts fine with no slippage! I still prefer a 5spd though because I like to be in complete control of things and that's why the swaps happening sometime this summer!

A turbo will definitely make the auto suffer ALOT though. I wouldn't expect it to last more than 15,000 miles unless it's completely rebuilt and a HD torque converter is installed along with the cooler. The stock TQ can take abuse from the N/A engine all day long but I promise it's not going to last long when it starts seeing +75% power.
                          My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85
                            Not entirely true there Gary, Honda auto's are some of the higher quality ones built. My car currently has 216,000 miles on it, the last 30K of which were hard driven by me, and it still shifts fine with no slippage! I still prefer a 5spd though because I like to be in complete control of things and that's why the swaps happening sometime this summer!

A turbo will definitely make the auto suffer ALOT though. I wouldn't expect it to last more than 15,000 miles unless it's completely rebuilt and a HD torque converter is installed along with the cooler. The stock TQ can take abuse from the N/A engine all day long but I promise it's not going to last long when it starts seeing +75% power.
                            ok guys, your not getting the picture of what i am saying here! im taking the stock auto tranny out of my honda and taking a H22 auto tranny and putting that in with large tranny cooler! im wondering if the H22 auto can withstand a low boost DSM setup?!

Comment

Originally posted by pig pen
                              ok guys, your not getting the picture of what i am saying here! im taking the stock auto tranny out of my honda and taking a H22 auto tranny and putting that in with large tranny cooler! im wondering if the H22 auto can withstand a low boost DSM setup?!
                              so your putting the H tranny on a F series? +75% added to a a6 would make the hp around 200, so you do have a point. Why cant a tranny that was built stock for 200 hp not last on another motor pushing the same? But thiers alot more variables to the equation, but i get your point.
                              Wife: "Why do you get G power platinum and i only get V power?"
                              Me:"Cause i have the high compression 93 octane only H22 and you have the bullet proof F22."
                              Wife:........................"But yours are prettier"

---------------------------------------------------
                              Wife:Baby, not everybody wants to do the 93 conversion"
                              Me:YES THEY DO, THEY JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET.

Comment

Working...
                              X