gloryaccordy: 2011 Lincoln MKX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gloryaccordy: 2011 Lincoln MKX

Only one picture since img width doesn't work here.....

Never thought I would get an American car, but the Rabbit was totaled and wifey needed something new. Not a "real" luxury car, but coming from the Rabbit/Civic, and having driven my G for like a month while the Rabbit was in insurance purgatory, this is definitely a nice step up. Off the top of my head, features it has:

AWD
    HIDs
    My Lincoln Touch (not bad)
    Auto headlights
    Auto wipers
    Remote start
    Power liftgate
    Heated AND cooled front seats
    I think it has heated rear seats
    Surprisingly decent manuamatic mode

It drives surprisingly decent too. I haven't + don't plan to find its limits, but the steering is pretty communicative, and it's quick enough (low 7s for 0-60). Interior has held up well too; better than my G which is newer with less miles.

We cross shopped this against the Edge/Murano/Venza... they all felt surprisingly cheap compared to this. This is nothing more than a dolled up Edge, but it really cleaned up nicely. It feels like a much more expensive car than even an Edge Platinum (which we test drove the same day).

Mod wise I want to leave it alone, but there is room to play Edge Sport suspension swaps over, and I bet it would handle a little better with nicer tires. K&N makes an intake for it too lol. I do like how serene and quiet it is though, and we will need it to be comfortable. I'm looking to lower and put some aggressive wheels/tires on the G, so the MKX will have to be the cruise mobile.

Overall though I'm happy. Still reeling from an American marque in our driveway, but I really like what the domestics have been doing. I even considered getting a 2015+ Chrysler 200S before the G but the aftermarket support was lacking. Wifey is happy too which is more important.

Fix the damn IMG tags! Going to file a complaint.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post

Only one picture since img width doesn't work here.....

Never thought I would get an American car, but the Rabbit was totaled and wifey needed something new. Not a "real" luxury car, but coming from the Rabbit/Civic, and having driven my G for like a month while the Rabbit was in insurance purgatory, this is definitely a nice step up. Off the top of my head, features it has:

AWD
    HIDs
    My Lincoln Touch (not bad)
    Auto headlights
    Auto wipers
    Remote start
    Power liftgate
    Heated AND cooled front seats
    I think it has heated rear seats
    Surprisingly decent manuamatic mode

It drives surprisingly decent too. I haven't + don't plan to find its limits, but the steering is pretty communicative, and it's quick enough (low 7s for 0-60). Interior has held up well too; better than my G which is newer with less miles.

We cross shopped this against the Edge/Murano/Venza... they all felt surprisingly cheap compared to this. This is nothing more than a dolled up Edge, but it really cleaned up nicely. It feels like a much more expensive car than even an Edge Platinum (which we test drove the same day).

Mod wise I want to leave it alone, but there is room to play Edge Sport suspension swaps over, and I bet it would handle a little better with nicer tires. K&N makes an intake for it too lol. I do like how serene and quiet it is though, and we will need it to be comfortable. I'm looking to lower and put some aggressive wheels/tires on the G, so the MKX will have to be the cruise mobile.

Overall though I'm happy. Still reeling from an American marque in our driveway, but I really like what the domestics have been doing. I even considered getting a 2015+ Chrysler 200S before the G but the aftermarket support was lacking. Wifey is happy too which is more important.

Fix the damn IMG tags! Going to file a complaint.
    Looks good man! Does this have the 2.0 EcoBoost or the 3.7 V6?
    14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Yea we bought a 2016 GMC Acadia last year for the wife. She had a 2009 CRV and they mailed us saying our airbags could be fatal but they would not have the part until Summer. She was like 7 months pregnant so we weren't comfortable with that.

We shopped between Acadia/Pathfinder/Pilot and in the end the Acadia had better stats and she liked it the most so we went with it. Was hard in the beginning lol.

After a few months I have no complaints. The infotainment system isn't impressive, but neither is Honda's.

Rides pretty comfortable and handles well for its size.

Not going to do shit to it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post
        Looks good man! Does this have the 2.0 EcoBoost or the 3.7 V6?
        3.7; I think the 2011+ MKXs only come with the 3.7 and the 2.7 Ecoboost in the current gen (maybe). It's no rocket but it gets the job done for sure, and wifey is getting like 21 MPG on her commute.

The weirdest thing is I think it has better steering feel than my G. FM platform has kind of shitty steering; it was the same story with my 350Z.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
          3.7; I think the 2011+ MKXs only come with the 3.7 and the 2.7 Ecoboost in the current gen (maybe). It's no rocket but it gets the job done for sure, and wifey is getting like 21 MPG on her commute.

The weirdest thing is I think it has better steering feel than my G. FM platform has kind of shitty steering; it was the same story with my 350Z.
          My friend's G has the oddest steering feel I could remember. Slow and heavy at slow speeds and overboosted when moving. Was not a big fan, but it did handle well regardless.
          14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

The steering will be the main thing I miss about the Civic. It's divine by comparison.

Comment

Working...
            X