racing seats?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

racing seats?!

has anyone mounted up racing seats in there cb's? if so how did you mount the belts or the factory belts? i just bought some seats today and there is nowhere to put the factory belts?

"Up Down, Slide To Slide"

Members ride thread- ]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=63019]

if u got new racing seats with 5 point harnesses your going to need to put a bar going across the floor behind your seat or from the rear strut tower bar.

Member Ride Facebook
    XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
    SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
    For Sale Thread

Comment

http://www.wedgeengineering.net/

thats where i got my brackets for my sparcos.

how much? give them a call. there cool.

your welcome.

Comment

Ebay seat mount

Used these....of course they aren't stainless steel, and needed some work to fit and work correctly, but for under $40 shipped, they did the job.
        2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
        Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
        1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
          if u got new racing seats with 5 point harnesses your going to need to put a bar going across the floor behind your seat or from the rear strut tower bar.
          you dont mount harnesses on the floor other than the 5th belt.

stop giving false information otherwise you may be to blame when he crashes and snaps his spine.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
            you dont mount harnesses on the floor other than the 5th belt.

stop giving false information otherwise you may be to blame when he crashes and snaps his spine.
            The man speaks the troof. Anyway google it there are writeups on it. If your using the stock belt you should be fine. If you are using a harness there is a specific way to tie it and such. I think takata might have the thing on there site. Ive seen quite a bit of DIY on civics on some sites. But thts when I googled it. There might be one on HT.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

never exceed this 45 degree angle. this is how i had mine setup except i was jsut using a stock seat.

I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                never exceed this 45 degree angle. this is how i had mine setup except i was jsut using a stock seat.

THAT looks like a spine compressor to me.
                45 degrees down? Why?

How about ZERO degrees down, so no downward load is applied to the spine in the "Big One"?
                2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

you cant really have 0 degrees down unless you use a harness bar or mount it higher, right?

that really sucks because you loose the use of the back seats

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                    THAT looks like a spine compressor to me.
                    45 degrees down? Why?

How about ZERO degrees down, so no downward load is applied to the spine in the "Big One"?
                    Zero is ideal; you just don't want to go lower than 45 degrees.

If the seat reclines, stock seatbelts are OK. If it's fixed, may want to look into getting a roll bar. In the case of a roll over, a fixed seat will usually hold you upright instead of allowing you to lean sideways.
                    -Kevin

1988 Honda Civi- D15B VTEC Dac Biet, my "race car"
                    1992 Honda Accord LX: DD until I finish school

Comment

Originally posted by b3nsonx
                      you cant really have 0 degrees down unless you use a harness bar or mount it higher, right?

that really sucks because you loose the use of the back seats
                      If you have a four-door, you can have a roll bar mounted right where the B-pillar is(have seatbelts mounted to a harness bar across the roll bar), and still have passengers back there. If you don't have some sort of cushion on there, the passengers may slam their face into the harness bar; so keep that in mind.
                      Last edited by K2e2vin; 12-11-2007, 03:03 PM.
                      -Kevin

1988 Honda Civi- D15B VTEC Dac Biet, my "race car"
                      1992 Honda Accord LX: DD until I finish school

Comment

i really want to use reclining racing seats with the harness, because i got those automatic seat belts, so they suck. and once i remove my seats, the stock belts are gone anyways, so i gotta use the aftermarket harness.
                        Where could i mount my harness without losing the use of my rear seats? and still keeping it safe without breaking my spine in an accident. 91 accord coupe.

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:

Comment

unfortunately, No, if you put a racing harness (correctly) you will lose the functionality of you back seat, even if you make a harness bar like sparco's. but you can do a 3 point conversion like I did, it wasn't too difficult and is safer than the auto belts. always wear your seatbelt kids

Comment

you can take the seatbelt off your old seat and mount it on the new one
                            ]

Comment

great idea!
                              but how safe is it?
                              and is it possible to mount the stock seat belt to an after market reclining seat?

how would it be mounted anyways?

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:

Comment

Working...
                              X