I need some car advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some car advice

A while ago I picked up a 1990 Honda Prelude Si for free. The car runs and drives but was involved in a small fender bender that completely fucked the drivers side flip up headlight assembly. I have every single OEM part to fix the assembly and I would only need a hood and a fender to make her look brand new again. However, the car burns a lot of oil, like most B20's do. The engine needs rings, it lacks compression.

Should I just put my cb7 on hold, swap in a JDM B20 and keep a reliable daily driver Lude while I spend time to build my accord the right way? I mean, I can't really justify letting the prelude just sit there.. it was free !

Originally posted by ExCoupe92 View Post
    A while ago I picked up a 1990 Honda Prelude Si for free. The car runs and drives but was involved in a small fender bender that completely fucked the drivers side flip up headlight assembly. I have every single OEM part to fix the assembly and I would only need a hood and a fender to make her look brand new again. However, the car burns a lot of oil, like most B20's do. The engine needs rings, it lacks compression.

Should I just put my cb7 on hold, swap in a JDM B20 and keep a reliable daily driver Lude while I spend time to build my accord the right way? I mean, I can't really justify letting the prelude just sit there.. it was free !
    I honestly would wait and weight out the situation based on your finacial status. Basically you wanna know how much are you willing to spend on the car plus budgeting yourself on the cb to see whats your options then go from there.

Comment

very true. I am tight on money but I can get the new engine for $650. That's not bad at all. This way, maybe I can take my time a little more and build the cb7 the right way.

Comment

Working...
      X