Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Wiring questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring questions

alrighty so my name is Shayne and im on here all the time getting new ideas for my CB7 and figuring out how to fix her up so far website has been a great help heres the whip:

But now iv run into some stuff i that i need somebodys held on.
    Recently i preformed a wire tuck and since then (about three months ago) my drivers side front blinker hasnt work i tryed changing the buld but that didnt do anything so i just figured i didnt conect something right somewhere and iv been planning on fixing it ever since but heres the wierd part today was the first day back to driving my Cb7 because for the last three days iv been removing all of the sound deadening from he car. when i was letting the car run for a little while because of battery charging issues (will get to that in a sec) i look up front and the once dead blinker is not bright as ever but acting like a running light lol so my question for this is has anybody experienced this before or dose anybody know what could be causing this so i don have to waist a bunch of time trying to track down a loose ground or conection?

my other question is about how my battery is not being recharged by my alternator? when i first did the wire tuck i just used the origonal wire that runs from the fuse box to the alternator and i didnt have any charging issues
    but the other day i decided to finish the tuck and i ran some dual strand speacker wire (the same stuff my friend has on his integra with no issues) from the fuse box under the dash through the drivers side fender well and to the alternator and now it seems like my battery is getting no recharge from the alternator at all no matter how long i let the car run. dose anybody have any ideas on why this could be happening?

ok since nobody wants to help i took these on myself
    i figured out question two was a result of a loose battery ground and posably a dieing battery but im pretty sure it was just the ground
    if anybody knows how i should go about fixing my blinker it would really help because im pretty new to the wiring game lol

Comment

Since you did a wire tuck, it's nearly impossible for anyone to diagnose your problem. You are going to have to follow that wire and look for a break in the connection somewhere. It's most likely grounding out before the current reaches the bulb.

This is why wire tucks on anything but show cars make no sense to me... I guess I'm just getting old.

Comment

where did you run your wires man?

Comment

hail brethren, u there?

Comment

If that's not green, he's not there. Quit post-whoring.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

If that's not green, he's not there. Quit post-whoring.
              sorry brethren i didnt know that.

whats that term post-whoring?

Comment

Posting repeatedly to raise your post count, without saying anything that actually helps anyone. It is against the rules, and will result in your post count being reset to 0 (the first time... the second time, you get banned)

I understand you're trying to be helpful... but he's not there. This is a forum, not a chat room. People post, log off, and check for answers the next day. (aside from me, because I always seem to be on here...)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Since you did a wire tuck, it's nearly impossible for anyone to diagnose your problem. You are going to have to follow that wire and look for a break in the connection somewhere. It's most likely grounding out before the current reaches the bulb.

This is why wire tucks on anything but show cars make no sense to me... I guess I'm just getting old.
                  yeah i figured somebody would say that but iv seen people on this forum set up the front turn signals to work as running lights so if sombody could send me link to that diy i could probably just do the opposite of that lol

Originally posted by muta-baruka View Post
                  where did you run your wires man?
                  i ran them out the whole for the door wiring and then through the frame rails but i think ill take them out and run them along side the frame rails since there will be les chance for the wires to ground out and it will also make it easier to preform maintenance in the furture

Comment

Working...
                  X