Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Aftermarket support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket support?

Hey guys I was just woundering if there was much aftermarket support for the F20B?
    The reason I ask is cause I'm looking into getting one. Thanks for the help.

check out jdmboy.com i have got a f20b also.i found a bunch of parts at e-bay, and password;jdm.com as well. i'm debating on putting it in my cb7 or my crx si.good luck bro.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

The H22A has MUCH more aftermarket support in the US. Many H22A parts can be used with the F20B.

Comment

for the top end, the bottom ends are different like a 85mm bore. id take the stock rods, get them refurbished with arp rod bolts and balanced. nobody in the newbie section makes enough NA power that it would require aftermarket rods.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          The H22A has MUCH more aftermarket support in the US. Many H22A parts can be used with the F20B.
          Which parts can be used?

Comment

Beats me. I was smart and got an H22A.

Comment

anything top end would work. you can always sleeve it and throw in h22 components later on.
              I <3 G60.

Comment

So its worth the cash to get one from HMO? And do they bolt right in?, will apoa run it or better just to get the ecu also.

Comment

i dont know about the actual swap itself but they are worth it for a 200hp vtec motor as long as the bottom end holds up. jdm motors are notorius for rod knocks or loss of compression due to sludging. they sit in a container for a lot of months.

im pretty sure they are obd2 also.
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

I think they come with the harness though so it being obd2 shouldn't be a problem I think

Comment

if money isnt and issue and you just want a quick stock and rare engine then i say go for it but if you want to save money, make more power and have all the aftermarket support you could want then get an h22a

Comment

Originally posted by disturbance View Post
                        So its worth the cash to get one from HMO? And do they bolt right in?, will apoa run it or better just to get the ecu also.
                        Originally posted by disturbance View Post
                        I think they come with the harness though so it being obd2 shouldn't be a problem I think
                        A P0A is for an F22B1... it will not run this engine properly AT ALL. The closest thing would be a P13 from an H22A, but even that wouldn't be great. What you would really need to do is get an ECU that can be custom-tuned, and have it tuned on a dyno.

It is indeed OBD2 only, and converting the car to OBD2 is quite complicated. NOBODY does that. Just because it comes with the harness doesn't make it an easy job. Not to mention, I'm quite sure it doesn't come with the entire car's wiring harness... my H22 didn't and I got the "complete swap" from HMO.

The swap itself is similar to the OBD2 H22 swap, which you can find details about in the Swaps section of this site. It doesn't bolt right in, but modifications are minimal.

The H22A is easier, cheaper to repair, and has far more support. The F20B has a higher redline, and it's a bit more unique (though not terribly so). However, compared to the H22A, the powerband is peaky, and most of the power is up high. The H22A has a much broader and more useful powerband.
                        The F20B only exists because Honda needed a 2.0L production engine available to the mainstream market so they could compete in a class with a 2.0L displacement limit. Basically, they took the technology from an H22A and put it into the design of the F20B.

Comment

Working...
                        X