Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lets see some roof racks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets see some roof racks!

This is mine, just a simple strap rack:

I'd love to get a nice yakima roof rack
    RIP

Bought from : LosiRacer2, h22anow

no love for bike racks?
    RIP

Comment

i guess not what's the price range for a yakima rack?

Comment

at least 350 new i'd guess
        RIP

Comment

I've always wanted to get one of those rear hang racks and but a bag on it to fool people into thinking it's a drag chute.

Comment

Had a pimp Yakima setup on my Suburu Legacy, no pictures but i had the best sticker ever on it, from a punk band named This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb!

Comment

If I was to get a roof rack, it will b for looks, I wouldn't really put anything on top plus from what I hear they r heavy. Ill rock a light weight rack made outta aluminum if they even have em anyways.

BTW, a carbon fiber 1 will b sick aint.
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                If I was to get a roof rack, it will b for looks, I wouldn't really put anything on top plus from what I hear they r heavy. Ill rock a light weight rack made outta aluminum if they even have em anyways.

BTW, a carbon fiber 1 will b sick aint.
                There not heavy, dont know about blowin 300-400 dollars on a rack i wasnt gonna use, i guess thats better than the guy ridin around here with a 2500 dollar Santa Cruz mountain bike mounted in the bed of his truck cuz it matches,i know that thing dont get ridden.Unless your thinkin about one of those old skool basket type racks u see on VW's.

Comment

mine definately would get used...heres the current rack in action:

im getting sick of the strap rack because its just so darned heavy with a bike way out off the back. I keep it as close as i can, but it still puts alot of pressure on the trunk. and it creates alot of drag on the highway, considerable less mpg. I would assume mounting it parallel with the car would be better.
                  RIP

Comment

Check out LosiRacer2's Members Ride Thread, I know he has some pictures of his roof rack. I believe timmy0tool had a roof rack at one point.

Originally posted by led_fut View Post
                    im getting sick of the strap rack because its just so darned heavy with a bike way out off the back. I keep it as close as i can, but it still puts alot of pressure on the trunk. and it creates alot of drag on the highway, considerable less mpg. I would assume mounting it parallel with the car would be better.
                    Even with a roof rack you are not going to get the same MPG as a CB without any bike rack. Although the weight would be a little more evenly distributed on the roof IMO.

I dont know how hard it is to remove the bike racks but I would assume the trunk rack is easier to remove when not in use. I haul my mountain bike around in my CB quite a bit, its usually clean on the way out to the trails and I just throw a tarp or old blanket in the trunk and have quick release wheels so it fits in there, with a stripped down trunk that is real easy to clean.
                    Last edited by MadSpleen85; 07-22-2008, 12:08 AM.

Comment

i've got a cheap ass bike rack, someone left in my basement when we moved in..

i think it fits..i never mounted a bike but i think it does fit

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85 View Post
                        Check out LosiRacer2's Members Ride Thread, I know he has some pictures of his roof rack. I believe timmy0tool had a roof rack at one point.

Even with a roof rack you are not going to get the same MPG as a CB without any bike rack. Although the weight would be a little more evenly distributed on the roof IMO.

I dont know how hard it is to remove the bike racks but I would assume the trunk rack is easier to remove when not in use. I haul my mountain bike around in my CB quite a bit, its usually clean on the way out to the trails and I just throw a tarp or old blanket in the trunk and have quick release wheels so it fits in there, with a stripped down trunk that is real easy to clean.
                        i know its still goign to affect mpg, but hopefully not as much... its really noticable handling wise though with a bike on... the car "floats" on the highway and i dont like that... probably not good for the rear shocks

plus, i think they look just awesome
                        RIP

Comment

I want a bike rack! I ride BMX often but I cant find them for CB7's. Anyone know of any sites?
                          I'm So JDM My Heart Is On The Right

Cappuccino Member #11
                          G-Square For Sale PM Me.
                          Rear Fog For Sale PM Me.

Comment

Originally posted by EnjoiJDM View Post
                            I want a bike rack! I ride BMX often but I cant find them for CB7's. Anyone know of any sites?
                            I love bike racks but somebody on here told me about rackattack.com last night

Comment

I want one! but OEM

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                              01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                              93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                              93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                              X