Effect of H23 intake on daily driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Effect of H23 intake on daily driving

I am considering replacing my stock F22a1 intake manifold with the well documented H23a manifold assembly. This sounds like a relatively inexpensive project that wont take too much time. Can someone comment on the effect of the manifold swap on daily driving? Will it shift my torque curve up? I am more concerned with gaining power in the low end than the high end.
    Thanks.

for low end ur gonna want a6 runners with h23 pleneum cause the runners are a lil shorter then the h23's but most people will not be able to tell the difference. the im swap is a good chioce....more air = more power. i have it on my f22 and i love it

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I was under the impression that shorter runners actually lead to reduced low end with an increase in the high end, making the H23 runners a better choice (since you say they are longer). Can you explain this?

Comment

I have the h23 plenum and throttle body bored out to maximum spec by Maxbore on my a6 runners and I am looking to upgrade to the h23 runners. My original intention was to keep some low end torque by keeping the a6 runners, but I'm regretting it now. All in all the h23 intake manifold is a very good upgrade. You can feel a very large difference in power, especially through power band.

Comment

On a side note:
          A search turned up this thread:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=16242

The poster notes that the throttle body of my F22a1 will not fit the H23a plenum; the bolt pattern is different. I have extensive machining experience and have access to a bridgeport milling machine, so I was thinking I could make an adapter plate to rectify this problem. Would I still be looking at sub-par performance if I went with this route?

Comment

i dont think it would hurt your performance, assuming you port match the whole thing and make it smooth. You could even go the extra distance and make a gasket that blocks heat transfer. also some car benefit from a throttle body spacer

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I did this swap with a Bisimoto intake spacer-gasket and a delta 260 cam and felt a big increase in power, especially from 4500-6500 rpms. Highly recommended!

Comment

F22A6 runners are 1/2" shorter than H23A1 runners, therefore, H23 runners = slighter more low end, A6 runners = slighter more high end. The overall diff. is prob. barely noticeable.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, everybody. I went ahead and picked up the manifold assembly. I will study the throttle body when I have time and see if I can use my F22A instead of buying an H23. I'll also be drilling+tapping to install plugs for easier EGR port cleaning. I like the idea of adding my personal and hopefully unique touch to the car

Comment

So is it better to just get the whole H23 IM, plenum, and throttle body assembly together?

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
                    Traded with: Cb7xChun
                    Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
                    Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
                    My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

I can't believe no one has told him the biggest effect.

The shit eating grin.

Comment

Working...
                      X