Obd2 H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obd2 H22

So I'm looking into my first swap and have my eyes on a H22a Type S 97-98. Now I would assume because it was made when it was, it will be OBD2? I'm not sure what is entailed to swap this into my CB7. I'll be doing the swap myself and hopefully relatively soon. I looked through a couple of the swap threads but they didn't go over OBD2 H22's. Any insight would be great, thanks.

the h22 type s is a obd2 motor. you will need a obd2 to obd1 swap harness. check out the f20b threads since its basically similar motors.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

excellent, thanks a lot man. I found a couple F20B swap threads. Rather than switching components over from OBD 2, like you suggested I'll invest in the harness. I found these jumpers. From my understanding. Hypothetically I would drop the Type S motor in, and use jumpers?

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2188598

and what is OBD2a vs. OBD2b?
      I would use the OBD2 ECU?
      Last edited by ExCoupe92; 02-26-2009, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ExCoupe92 View Post
        excellent, thanks a lot man. I found a couple F20B swap threads. Rather than switching components over from OBD 2, like you suggested I'll invest in the harness. I found these jumpers. From my understanding. Hypothetically I would drop the Type S motor in, and use jumpers?

http://www.phearable.net/shoppingcar...per-p-102.html

and what is OBD2a vs. OBD2b?

thats not going to work. its for d and b series distributors. ill see if i could find you one.
        miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Originally posted by ExCoupe92 View Post
          So I'm looking into my first swap and have my eyes on a H22a Type S 97-98. Now I would assume because it was made when it was, it will be OBD2? I'm not sure what is entailed to swap this into my CB7. I'll be doing the swap myself and hopefully relatively soon. I looked through a couple of the swap threads but they didn't go over OBD2 H22's. Any insight would be great, thanks.
          I thought there were driveshaft size issues with the Type S tranny? Have you found a way around that?

Comment

Originally posted by RiceKillinSi View Post
            I thought there were driveshaft size issues with the Type S tranny? Have you found a way around that?
            i dont think there would be.
            miss my turbo cb7

Comment

you will either need to wire it yourself, or pay hasport 300 bucks for a conversion harness.
              miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
                thats not going to work. its for d and b series distributors. ill see if i could find you one.
                haha says right on the front page.. I guess I got too ahead of myself

Comment

http://www.hondasociety.com/board/sh...ad.php?t=61998

he says you could run a obd1 distributor. id just covert the type s into a obd1 and run a civic p06 ecu and call it a day.
                  miss my turbo cb7

Comment

damn, on ebay the H22 OBD1 dizzy's go for $120. I suppose I could do that though. Grab some injectors a chipped P06 and "call it a day." Then I could use my stock harness. I thought there was more to it than that.

Thanks a lot for your help man. I guess the best way to get this done and learn would be to go ahead and start spending money until it runs right haha

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
                      i dont think there would be.
                      Nevermind. I was thinking of the SH tranny with ATTS.

Comment

Originally posted by RiceKillinSi View Post
                        Nevermind. I was thinking of the SH tranny with ATTS.
                        M2B4 LSD tranny fo me

Comment

yea from what i've read, its easier to get a P13 which is obd1, get od1 injectors, and the rest is wiring thats fairly easy, vtec and knock sensor i believe.

Comment

welcome to the 97-01 prelude engine owners club

anyways youll need...

1.92-96 h23 dizzy/92-96 h22 dizzy if your external or a dizzy from a DOHC civic SI from the 90's of your internal

youll also need...

2.your old fuel rail
                            3.92-93 h22 fuel injectors/ or the pig tails from your 97-01 fuel injectors (if you do this bypass the injector risstor)
                            4. some pig tails from the 97-01 harness
                            5.P13 from a 92-96 USDM prelude or a 92-01 JDM prelude

from what I hear japan didnt go OBD2 till about 2000. so if your engine is 97/98 & JDM, chances are its OBD1

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                            X