X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The accidental stolen Accord

http://jalopnik.com/mom-asked-to-mov...ium=socialflow
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Hmmmm I'm not sure if I should laugh or be worried.................O_o

Comment

I can use my key to open and start my sisters 96 but hers does not work on mine.
      Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

My 91 accord key works on my 93 lol

Comment

Dang, beat me to it, lol. I just saw an article on this and came right here to post it.

Comment

I came out of a local U Pull yard to find two guys in a CB7 next to mine trying to open their car with a coat hanger (he'd locked the keys inside). I pulled out my keys (four different CBs) - first one I tried opened his door.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Funny. This has been known in the Honda community for some time now. Honda didn't produce an infinite number of designs for the keys, they only made a certain amount (I don't think we have an exact number).

Comment

I knew that our keys had limited code designs, but not this bad.

Comment

Chrysler had the same problem in the late 1980's
                  http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Apparently this also affects early Mazda Miatas as well. And a few American made cars

Comment

also early model civic keys that have become wore down turn into skeleton keys for civics.
                      regardless of the code of the key.
                      CB7TUNER.com
                      Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

This is scary...
                        Having someone with another accord walking up to yours,seeing something he likes and may have a chance of popping your door open. Very slim cjance someone would be dumb enough to do that though.
                        My key starts my friends 93 but doesnt open his door anf he can open my door but start my car.

Comment

If your tumblers are in good shape it shouldn't be an issue. The locks on my old rx7 were bad on the driver door and trunk I could open them with a dime.
                          PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

holy shit lmao i didnt know this i need to trythis one my friend cb's lmao this crazy

Comment

GM steering column ignition switches in the mid-80s had a similar problem in which you could pull the key before the ignition locked, thus being able to turn the car on/off without a key at all.

My cousin had a 3/4 ton Chevy pickup that you could use the key to unlock the column and then wouldn't need it again.

Comment

Working...
                              X