Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White letter set of mudflaps, are they oem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White letter set of mudflaps, are they oem?

I picked these rear mudflaps up off of a white 91 wagon. This car had a bunch of accessories on it, including foglights, a roof rack, which i later found out was a dealer optional part, arm rest, cargo cover and the honda 3000 radio. Naturally i grabbed all that stuff lol, but these in particular have my attention.

These are definitely NOT painted. They have the raised white letters, and they arent glued on, they are pressed on from whatever factory they came from. I cut into the white letter and confirmed that it is white all the way through.

I dont plan on selling them, they are going on my white sedan, but i wanted to know if anyone else has ever found a set like this, and has any info on them

Heres some pics

Comment

My 1992 JDM Accessory catalog shows those exact mudflaps (white lettered) as a dealer option.

IIRC, the "HONDA" flaps were the 90-91 years, the plain ones were 92-93, but don't quote me on that. I had the "HONDA" flaps without color, but I can't recall what year I grabbed them off of.

Comment

AccordWarrior is correct. And due to the different curvature of the rear bumper they are incompatible. However, some people simply have to have the older ones that say Honda on them and install them on their '92-'93 bumper and they have a horrible gap.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
          My 1992 JDM Accessory catalog shows those exact mudflaps (white lettered) as a dealer option.

IIRC, the "HONDA" flaps were the 90-91 years, the plain ones were 92-93, but don't quote me on that. I had the "HONDA" flaps without color, but I can't recall what year I grabbed them off of.
          Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          AccordWarrior is correct. And due to the different curvature of the rear bumper they are incompatible. However, some people simply have to have the older ones that say Honda on them and install them on their '92-'93 bumper and they have a horrible gap.
          Wow, so these arent USDM? and they are for a 92-93 rear bumper or 90-91? mine has a 92-93 on it, but i know for a fact the wagon was a 91. I didnt take note of any gap when I pulled them off though

Comment

Originally posted by Theos92VR4 View Post
            Wow, so these arent USDM? and they are for a 92-93 rear bumper or 90-91? mine has a 92-93 on it, but i know for a fact the wagon was a 91. I didnt take note of any gap when I pulled them off though
            I bet there is a US option as I have seen them around before. The white lettered flaps aren't in any of the US catalogs I have, but I have a picture of them in the JDM catalog, just answering that they were produced by Honda and aren't a third party aftermarket company.

Comment

Those flaps are also on the 90-91 Canadian CBs with the rear mudflap option. They're semi-common up here, I have a bunch of sets myself.

Since you're in NY, it wouldn't be a huge leap to guess that car came from up north.
              Originally posted by deevergote.
              And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Working...
              X