Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Printable Cb7 models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printable Cb7 models?

I know that there have been a few threads about this, but just wondering if there has been any progress. 3d printers have become more affordable and im thinking about buying one soon. I have been messing around with 3d design app called sketchup. They have some cb7 models on there that could work.
    Has anyone made an stl. file for it? Let me know guys.
    Last edited by cb7h22sleeper; 06-12-2018, 07:16 PM.

I haven’t seen anyone do it yet, but I’m looking forward to it!

Comment

I was thinking of commissioning one for a while. Something hot wheels size so you can customize them with wheels and parts. Never got around to talking to someone though. I think something 1/24th scale would also be a good product. It would be fun to see how people customize them.

Comment

Yea that would be really cool! I'd buy it!

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
          I was thinking of commissioning one for a while. Something hot wheels size so you can customize them with wheels and parts. Never got around to talking to someone though. I think something 1/24th scale would also be a good product. It would be fun to see how people customize them.
          Yes! I love the idea of customizing them. But the 1/24 scale is kinda big for printer I was thinking about. It only has a 4.7x4.7 inch bed. 1/24 scale is about 5 to 8 inches. I might just have to pay little more for the bigger bed. We'll see, I have a lot of time on my hands since I sprained my ankle pretty bad and can't work for another 3 weeks. So this project will keep me busy.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7h22sleeper View Post
            Yes! I love the idea of customizing them. But the 1/24 scale is kinda big for printer I was thinking about. It only has a 4.7x4.7 inch bed. 1/24 scale is about 5 to 8 inches. I might just have to pay little more for the bigger bed. We'll see, I have a lot of time on my hands since I sprained my ankle pretty bad and can't work for another 3 weeks. So this project will keep me busy.
            if you want to spend the time preparing the 3D model for printing, here are 3DS versions of the 9091 sedan and 9293 sedan: http://www.m1xe.com/3ds_cb7_models.rar

please keep us updated if you do end up printing one, this has been a wish of mine for many many years. in my opinion, 1/64 scale would be ideal - small enough to print quickly, and could theoretically be adjusted (or even manually carved by hand) to fit on top of an existing Hotwheels base/wheels...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I wonder how hard it would be to print wheels, body kits, etc... well, not how hard, but how good small scale parts would come out.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                if you want to spend the time preparing the 3D model for printing, here are 3DS versions of the 9091 sedan and 9293 sedan: http://www.m1xe.com/3ds_cb7_models.rar

please keep us updated if you do end up printing one, this has been a wish of mine for many many years. in my opinion, 1/64 scale would be ideal - small enough to print quickly, and could theoretically be adjusted (or even manually carved by hand) to fit on top of an existing Hotwheels base/wheels...
                Thanks for those 3d models, they look pretty good. looks like they are already to scale. [IMG][/IMG]
                [IMG][/IMG]
                The ones I found are alot bigger but im sure I can resize them to scale. I think ill try 1/64 and 1/43 scale. The bigger they are the more detail, work and time it will take.
                93 coup
                [IMG][/IMG]
                [IMG]
                [/IMG]
                [IMG][/IMG
                Im highly motivated to get this done now for real. Think ill be ordering the printer today. (sorry for the crappy photos)

Comment

Following! good luck and definitely keep posting pictures!!!!

Current cars:

Comment

Got the PLA filament in today,
                    [IMG][/IMG]
                    In the mean time did some editing on the coupe. added a lip and Honda symbol.

The 3d printer is a Creality Ender 3 printer with a 220/220/250 mm bed. So I should be able to print up to 7in big(1/24th scale).

Comment

Originally posted by cb7h22sleeper View Post
                      In the mean time did some editing on the coupe. added a lip and Honda symbol.

The 3d printer is a Creality Ender 3 printer with a 220/220/250 mm bed. So I should be able to print up to 7in big(1/24th scale).
                      Yeah buddy!! Looks good! If you do manage to get a full 1/24th scale, it would be really easy to find wheels and R/C kits for it. I actually have a set of Buddy Club P1's (16") in 1/24 scale, hoping to one day have a CB coupe model to stick them on... Maybe you could add a centering peg sticking out of the wheel well? A sort of plastic axle to have a place to mount wheels to?

Current cars:

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                        Yeah buddy!! Looks good! If you do manage to get a full 1/24th scale, it would be really easy to find wheels and R/C kits for it. I actually have a set of Buddy Club P1's (16") in 1/24 scale, hoping to one day have a CB coupe model to stick them on... Maybe you could add a centering peg sticking out of the wheel well? A sort of plastic axle to have a place to mount wheels to?
                        Yea I'm going to a hobby shop tomorrow to buy some tires and rims to see how they work with the axles and what not. Printer is up and running, not that hard actually. Printing a test dog now. You can kinda see where I change the filament mid print.
                        [IMG][/IMG]

After that, first Cb test model print will begin. looks like it will take almost 8 hours to print. wish me luck
                        [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

yar.

Obviously static...for now.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Any updates?
                              So this is my progress so far, after alot of trial and error. Mostly its trying to figure out the settings on the cura slicer program. I didnt want to make a solid mold, Im trying to make the shell body to fit the skyline 1/24th model i have. Later on I can figure out how to go about making an atcual mold to make a dicast model. Its still a working progress, Im currently trying a different setting to make the model surface solid

Thats awesome that someone else is trying out the same thing. Ive been waiting for years for someone to make one. I finally got tired of waiting and jump right in it. Not know anything about 3d printing a week ago, I think I made some progress.

1st try. Wasted a ton of material and time.
                              [IMG][/IMG]

2nd try. Was trying to figure out why it was printing the inside the body.
                              [IMG][/IMG]

3rd try. Got it to finally to print the outside, but no completly on the top surface.
                              [IMG][/IMG]
                              [IMG[/IMG]
                              [IMG][/IMG]
                              [IMG[/IMG]
                              [IMG][/IMG]
                              [IMG][/IMG]

So im currently working on my 4th print. should be done in about 8 hours from now.
                              Last edited by cb7h22sleeper; 06-21-2018, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X