CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Appearance

Old 10-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
92Accord1
Newcomer

92Accord1 is cool... so far.
Blue lights?

So i would like to replace my stock light bulbs with a pair of bright blue lights. I just want them with a hint of blue. what kind of lights are you guys useing? which ones do you recomed?

im thinking of geting these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...p2045653.m1253
92Accord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Most of those blue tinted glass bulbs don't actually throw blue light. The blue lights you see on the road are HIDs (which should never be used in stock housings.)

Honestly, blue lights really aren't cool anymore. They've kinda gone the way of big aluminum wings, vinyl graphics, and LED windshield washers. You can do it if YOU like it, as it's your car... but it's not really admired by anyone else these days.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
F20A CB7
Contributing Member

F20A CB7 seems to have made some friends! F20A CB7 seems to have made some friends!
Get a color that's gonna help you actually see the road clearly.
**Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE
F20A CB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
Quashish
CB7tuner Member

Quashish seems to have made some friends!
4300k is the best temp for useable light. but please retrofit, I just did mines check the mrt

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
It all makes sense when i look into her eyes
Quashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
crazymikey
CB7tuner Member

crazymikey is very helpful crazymikey is very helpful
I run 3000k yellow halogen bulbs for my low beams. I like how the yellow doesn't glare on surfaces. Basically like driving with bright ass fog lights that cut through everything.

I have some unknown brand blue bulbs in my highs. They are bright white with a hint of blue, and they are super bright at night with excellent visibility.

If you're wanting some good quality halogen bulbs, Luminics and Nokya are some good brands to start with.
crazymikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #6
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
That actually looks quite good.

And yeah, lower temp "yellow" provides much better visibility in normal circumstances.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #7
92Accord1
Newcomer

92Accord1 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quashish View Post
4300k is the best temp for useable light. but please retrofit, I just did mines check the mrt
You sick car! Ay but what kind of lights were the first ones that you had. There picture is on the front page there right under the picture of the mud flaps.
92Accord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:28 AM   #8
crazymikey
CB7tuner Member

crazymikey is very helpful crazymikey is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
That actually looks quite good.

And yeah, lower temp "yellow" provides much better visibility in normal circumstances.
I love having the 3000s, because NOBODY....ok, except some guy in a current gen Golf in town, runs 3000s for their low beams. Everyone else rocks 6,8,10,12k HIDs.

People see the 3000s and are like fog lights wtf?

However, I must say, driving at night with the 3000s is fantastic. Visibility is crisp and clear. No glare off road signs, no glare off the road. No glare off cars infron, or anything else. Just cuts through everything.

Once I flick on my high beams, it's like God is appearing from the heavens.
crazymikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:08 AM   #9
Quashish
CB7tuner Member

Quashish seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Accord1 View Post
You sick car! Ay but what kind of lights were the first ones that you had. There picture is on the front page there right under the picture of the mud flaps.
Thanks, those are just led 9005 replacement bulbs in my high beam not good for useable light just show.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
It all makes sense when i look into her eyes
Quashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #10
RedFalcoln
CB7tuner Member

RedFalcoln seems to have made some friends! RedFalcoln seems to have made some friends!
I use 2500k nokya hyper yellow for lows now and left DDM 5000k for highs, sort of like mikeys but more yellow.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #11
Pinchmyhandle
Banned

Pinchmyhandle is cool... so far.
I have a set of Sylvania Silverstar ZXE bulbs in my stock fixtures. The bulbs look blue, but give off a great white light, and very clear. I'm partially colorblind, and have a hard time driving at night with some of these colored headlights, but these zxe bulbs help me out a lot.
Pinchmyhandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #12
illinois_erik
CB7tuner Member

illinois_erik is very helpful illinois_erik is very helpful illinois_erik is very helpful
5000K Nokya Lows

2500K Nokya Highs
Old 10-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #13
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchmyhandle View Post
I have a set of Sylvania Silverstar ZXE bulbs in my stock fixtures. The bulbs look blue, but give off a great white light, and very clear. I'm partially colorblind, and have a hard time driving at night with some of these colored headlights, but these zxe bulbs help me out a lot.
Pure white, or even a yellowish tint, gives the most useful illumination. Stock bulbs aren't yellowish due to inferior technology or cost cutting... it's the most effective, safest light.

Although, my 09 Fit's light output blows goats. I need to do a projector retrofit in that sucker and run some HIDs!

Old 10-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #14
ferenza
CB7tuner Member

ferenza seems to have made some friends! ferenza seems to have made some friends!
I think im done with all my blue lights . I think im gonna go with 4300k Hid bulbs.Most people around here run 55w ballasts and they blind the crap out of you with the blue.I want ordinary bulbs now.I had Silverstar ultras and they were nice and bright and had a good fan pattern
Old 10-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #15
TheFatMan
Newcomer

TheFatMan is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferenza View Post
I think im done with all my blue lights . I think im gonna go with 4300k Hid bulbs.Most people around here run 55w ballasts and they blind the crap out of you with the blue.I want ordinary bulbs now.I had Silverstar ultras and they were nice and bright and had a good fan pattern
It's not even the wattage what's blinding people. It's the misuse of HID's on housings that aren't specifically designed to run HID's. Though many people lower the aim of their headlights to fix this , it's not the solution at all. The usable light is not where it should be.
TheFatMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:50 AM   #16
MasJohnson
Newcomer

MasJohnson is cool... so far.
Quote:
It's not even the wattage what's blinding people. It's the misuse of HID's on housings that aren't specifically designed to run HID's. Though many people lower the aim of their headlights to fix this , it's not the solution at all. The usable light is not where it should be.
Definitely and also the area of the environment matters.
MasJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #17
DanCan
CB7tuner Member

DanCan is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymikey View Post
I run 3000k yellow halogen bulbs for my low beams. I like how the yellow doesn't glare on surfaces. Basically like driving with bright ass fog lights that cut through everything.

I have some unknown brand blue bulbs in my highs. They are bright white with a hint of blue, and they are super bright at night with excellent visibility.

If you're wanting some good quality halogen bulbs, Luminics and Nokya are some good brands to start with.

Mikey, yellow lows are legal in your area?? Not around here.(Ontario)
There was a VW around, but last I seen him he was back to regular lights.
I have Putco Jet Yellow 3000k halogen for my Highs. I have DRL`s, the High Beams at half power, so my yellows are always on during the day. And at sunset with the parking lights on, looks amazing. I had Nokya, but Putco is more YELLOW.

FYI--If you want some RED brake lights, use a RED bulb. Same for your Ambers. Rule of thumb, same color bulb as lense. Pricey tho, for Nokya, I paid 8 bucks a bulb at a local stereo shop, are CBs use 4
But compared to my buddies CB7 lights, his look pink.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

DanCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #18
AeyJayCB7
CB7tuner Member

AeyJayCB7 is cool... so far.
I'm running 6k HIDs with one piece headlights. I travel a lot on the freeway and can see the road clearly. Il be going 5k bulbs for the OEM look. Projectors are not bad either.
AeyJayCB7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: