drivers window(coupe) keeps coming off front guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drivers window(coupe) keeps coming off front guide

My drivers side window keeps coming off track in front smaller tracks. I have taken window in and out before. I do remember those 2 screws allow a little play in window placement. Is this enough for it to align better on front tracks or is there something else? The window rolls up and down fine for now but only a matter of time before it gets binded up. I thought i fixed this yesterday but evidently i am wrong.

The front track is in two pieces, both with a bolt at the lower end. Make sure they are properly positioned and that they have the rubber channel in them.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
      The front track is in two pieces, both with a bolt at the lower end. Make sure they are properly positioned and that they have the rubber channel in them.
      Yeah they are all good. I am about to put door panel back on. It always comes off track after i put door panel back on. Something seems to push glass out until it comes off tracks. The directions in my manual to adjust glass doesn't really seem to do much as those 2 roller guide bolts to adjust seem to move wherever u want them.

Comment

OK i think i got it. The mid channel(rear channel bracket) bracket bolt adjusts front and back some. I used that and got the channel runners to fit more snugly. Loosen the roller guide bolts while i did this. all is good now it seems. Staying solidly on track now. Over time the bolt holding the mid channel track in slides back and causes the front part of glass to get out of track. At least that is what it seems for mine. Now it is good as new. Goes up and down so smooth. Feels like a caddilac.
        Last edited by zedjr10; 06-02-2019, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X