Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil leak

I have a 92 cb7 that has a oil leak in the front of the car. What could that be? and I have a bird sound under the hood when I first start it. What the hell could that be?

Originally posted by dukie12 View Post
    I have a 92 cb7 that has a oil leak in the front of the car. What could that be? and I have a bird sound under the hood when I first start it. What the hell could that be?
    Your going to have to find the leak yourself, get a flashlight and get under there and look. The "bird sound" is more than likely a squeaking belt, it needs tightening.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
      Your going to have to find the leak yourself, get a flashlight and get under there and look. The "bird sound" is more than likely a squeaking belt, it needs tightening.
      Ok thanx for the quick response. I'll let you know tomorrow

Comment

Ok thanx for the quick response. I'll let you know tomorrow
        I would put a big piece of cardboard under the engine so you can get a better idea of where it is. You might have to do some cleaning as well so you can get a better sight of what it is.

Comment

I would put a big piece of cardboard under the engine so you can get a better idea of where it is. You might have to do some cleaning as well so you can get a better sight of what it is.
          Yeah the cardboard's an excellent idea. Is your leak in the front of the car or the front of the motor? Peace

Comment

@dukie12, I had the same problem on my 1990 cb7 EX-R

1 - be sure to use the right motor oil grade
            2 - clean everything under the hood from up and bottom with compressed water ,,, you can do it at a car service center
            3 - tighten the PS pump belt and turn the steering wheel from lock to lock and look at the pump pulley to see if it hangs and give a squeaking sound.

4 - check the dizzy for oil leak if you're getting leak at the bottom left side of the engine.

Of course Dj_Ender helped me out the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by hyoslvr View Post
              Yeah the cardboard's an excellent idea. Is your leak in the front of the car or the front of the motor? Peace
              No its in the front of the motor. If you looking at the front of the car, its on the driverside of the front of the motor.

Comment

No its in the front of the motor. If you looking at the front of the car, its on the driverside of the front of the motor.
                Go snap a pic of it and upload it, will help us help you better.

Comment

K sorry bout that you said front of the car in your first post. In that case could be front main seal, cam seal, crank seal just to name a few. Go snap us a pic as dj suggested so we can better help you. Peace

Comment

K sorry bout that you said front of the car in your first post. In that case could be front main seal, cam seal, crank seal just to name a few. Go snap us a pic as dj suggested so we can better help you. Peace
                    Would just like to point out that the crank seal and the front main seal are the same thing.

Comment

Would just like to point out that the crank seal and the front main seal are the same thing.
                      I thought so. Thanks ender

Comment

I thought so. Thanks ender
                        But until he posts a pic or a more pinpointed area, I would agree that it's most likely the front main seal, cam seal, or a leaking oil pan gasket.

Comment

But until he posts a pic or a more pinpointed area, I would agree that it's most likely the front main seal, cam seal, or a leaking oil pan gasket.
                          I haven't attempted a timing belt job yet. But isn't there also a balance shaft seal that could leak as well? Peace

Comment

I haven't attempted a timing belt job yet. But isn't there also a balance shaft seal that could leak as well? Peace
                            Yes, but any Honda that has had a timing belt job SHOULD have the retainer installed. I actually didn't have one on the block I used in my rebuild. From what I've heard/read, when they fail, they fail and fail quickly. It's not a slow thing. I've read you can destroy your engine in 3 seconds if that seal goes.

Comment

But I'm assuming the OP would have a hard time telling that seal from say the front main seal without the bottom cover being off, correct? Peace

Comment

Working...
                              X