P5ylance : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done.

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

thanks ya
      blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Car is soo clean man!!!

love all the DIY jobs youve done on it post up on how you relocated your ebrake to the middle, cuz I need to do that soon too...so I can put in my other armrest...

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
        be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

my coupe brother. looking good. i like how the headlights look. hows the output on those?? can you get pics.

Comment

Busak87: thank you! lol all them DIYs give it character, haha! it's made, not bought... well, its bought, then made to fit. o_O

I will definitely post up the DIY, i took pictures of everything. straightforward, but the stuff you had to do is time consuming... Cut, place nuts under, bolt in... took me 2 hours. lol!

The output is really good, for plug-and-play from eBay. Construction is OEM-quality too, glass lens, i ran some silicone through the seals though just in case. I am very satisfied with them, especially since right out the box they're usable, instead of having to deal with retrofitting. cut-off is decent, definitely not terrible as so many people who knock on eBay projectors tend to say. draw distance is good as well, i light up a lot of stuff with them.

Loud92CB7 has great pictures demonstrating their output quality, I've always wanted to take pics but i could never find a nice wall to go to, haha! I will try to get some pictures though.
            Last edited by P5ylance; 07-14-2010, 01:51 AM.

Comment

9293 CENTER CONSOLE ARMREST DIY COMPLETE!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...34#post2574234

Last edited by P5ylance; 07-14-2010, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Just got my new horn buttons and an Integra clock from Agol! Will be installing these tomorrow!

Thanks Agol!

Comment

whered you get that shifter and the boot?

Comment

It's coming along quite well!

Your interior work looks great. Oh... and you've got the illusive non-autobelt black center console! So jealous!
                    My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

hi, i gave you a rep point, maybe youll get a star by your thread now.

edit- no star yet.
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Fenderx69: The shifter I got off eBay for $20. It was a super lucky find, like a needle in a haystack full of carbon fiber shift knobs and stuff haha

I tried to find it again for you, but I don't see it anymore :\

search "leather shift knob" and add AT or MT depending on your transmission and see what pops up. i don't see anymore generic leather shifters right now though

The boot is a MOMO boot that my brother bought for his car, but gave to me since he didn't need it anymore. Any leather shift boot will work though, what I did was remove that plastic piece that slides back and forth with the shifter and slip the boot in between the gap tried for the look that some european AUTOMATIC luxury cars are doing, where they have the leather shift boot, even for automatics (2001 BMW 3-Series, for example). it's a little tall, but i'm fine with it

Joshy: thanks for checkin it out! sorry to disappoint, haha, but can you tell it's sprayed? It used to be a GREY center console, but i took an extra step to get it to look OEM:

1) dyed the fabric with RITZ black fabric dye
                        2) sprayed with black paint for plastics
                        3) sprayed with clear coat

And to get rid of that cheap painted look and get the OEM dull look, I waxed each painted piece with TurtleWax adds some protection from liquids as well

what trim came with the black center console armrest, by the way? I remember seeing one in the classifieds... :'[ but it was snatched up with a quickness.

f20: haha nice try though, thanks bro! Fellow DIY'ers unite!
                        Last edited by P5ylance; 07-17-2010, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Post pics after the install!!!

Comment

Got a headstart on my reupholstery project this morning: removed my rear panels. I figured out how to take the thing off! iono how i broke it at the JY

luckily the panel comes in 3 parts, so i can wrap the fabric around the bottom half and it'll hide itself... the front doors and the upper rear panels though is another issue. gah, I wish these cars had inserts.

Installed Agol's Horn Buttons though! lookin' freshhhh!! as well as the Integra clock that went along for the ride. But instead of installing it as is and calling it a day, i put the accord's screen on it. outcome?

Instead of the fuzzy OEM accord numbers, I get the better, clearer font of the Integra clock, but in the Accord's OEM green color! reallllly nice. will probably take pictures of it tomorrrowww... hopefully if i remember my camera. shouldn't be too hard to remember. but thats what i say everyday and I always forget when i get to my car, haha!

I WILL GET THOSE PICS FOR YOU AGOL, I PROMISES!
                            Last edited by P5ylance; 07-17-2010, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                              Joshy: thanks for checkin it out! sorry to disappoint, haha, but can you tell it's sprayed? It used to be a GREY center console, but i took an extra step to get it to look OEM:

1) dyed the fabric with RITZ black fabric dye
                              2) sprayed with black paint for plastics
                              3) sprayed with clear coat

And to get rid of that cheap painted look and get the OEM dull look, I waxed each painted piece with TurtleWax adds some protection from liquids as well

what trim came with the black center console armrest, by the way? I remember seeing one in the classifieds... :'[ but it was snatched up with a quickness.
                              Dude! I had no idea you painted it... I can't tell by the photos. Good work! With all of the preparation and steps you listed, I see your dedication and effort put into it. It looks amazing, and should hold up very well.

Sadly, the black center console only came in the autobelt style here in USDM land. It came in the 9091 Phoenix Red DX coupe, and 91 Solaris Silver SE sedan.

Canada got it in their 9091 Phoenix Red LXs and 91 Solaris Silver SEs. Because they never had autobelts, their 9091s all have the two-piece center console with bridge. The armrest would potentially be in either model, if the original buyers requested/purchased an armrest. If not, they had the bridged/centered e-brake cover. Extremely rare. The CDM parts aren't even listed online anywhere, so I have no idea how one would go about ordering them.

They were also available in Europe, and who knows where else. I actually found the parts listed on a Russian Honda dealer website, but I couldn't go about ordering them - I had no idea how to do it. Google Translate only gets you so far! And who knows how much the parts would even cost...

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                              Got a headstart on my reupholstery project this morning: removed my rear panels. I figured out how to take the thing off! iono how i broke it at the JY

luckily the panel comes in 3 parts, so i can wrap the fabric around the bottom half and it'll hide itself... the front doors and the upper rear panels though is another issue. gah, I wish these cars had inserts.
                              Have you thought about removing the lower fabric? Its pretty clean underneath, and leaves one less area to cover. The DX and LX coupes didn't have fabric affixed to their lower side lining, and it actually flows pretty well. Same goes for the upper vinyl half. If you remove the cloth (and glue), they actually look quite decent bare.

If you could get ahold of some 93 SE coupe inserts, you could either paint or reupholster them. That would definitely make things easier for you!

I can't wait to see the outcome. Good luck! I'm sure you'll take your time and do a killer job.
                              My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

thanks for the info they look perfect man you got the luxury style down just right. i would never look at this car and think the inside would look like a bmw or benz.

Comment

Working...
                                X