Evo Misfire ECU TUNERS HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
    Maybe E85? That sounds kind of high for a street car but then I dunno what the turbo sizing is. We have a local running on stock turbo 25-27 on E. Good call on the type of plug SMS. I forgot to ask that.
    i was thinking maybe E85...

his turbo is a stock frame evo 9, with an upgraded compressor/turbine wheel and ported.
    F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
    Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

I got 4 more NGK copper plugs today, the brk8es. I closed the gap to .025 and threw them in. Turned the boost controller down a couple of clicks but I'm stilling pushing 25psi at WOT. I can't really test it out of sure. But I'm almost 110% that fixed my issue. I can't get on it too much as the roads are crappy due to the snow storm we're getting right now. I just drove the car around for an hour or so and it felt great. So hopefully when I get the coil on plug installed I will be 100% again.

The tune was originally set up for copper core plugs on 93 octane with no meth injections. I think when I swapped the plugs out the first time I set the gap too loose and thats what made me start pulling my hair out because I measured the gap on the plugs that came out and it was around .030 but I didn't compensate for the fact they were older plugs. So I'm hoping it was my own negligence that caused the problem in the first place. Thanks for the input again guys. I appreciate the help.
      Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

1000cc injectors?

what a pain in the ass to tune.
        14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Drove the car around this morning. We are 100% again. It's such a blast to drive. I broke down and bought a set of ignition wires for it and lubed them up before I put them on. It's just temporary until I get the coil on plug set up in the mail this week. But it runs and drives just like a stock car.... just with a lot more balls. lol

Comment

Although you did solve the problem..the fact that she was breaking up at .030 gap..might still mean you are running too much timing...airfuel can be mid 11s(which is good) but your knock count can be high as shit..some people ignore the knock count table in evoflash when tuning..which is a niceway to end up with a quick evo for a short time...then pop goes the weasel...

Id have the car datalogged atleast if affording a retune is out of the question..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

I want to get retuned for sure. The only catch is the guy that tuned the car before I bought it is very.... confident. To put it nicely. So I'm considering getting it tuned by someone else and starting from scratch. Make sure it's a nice conservative and safe tune for a daily driver.

Comment

I'd like to have someone I trust do it, but all the people that I would trust with my car are too far away and they're primarily honda guys. Not that it probably matters. A fuel curve is a fuel curve and an ignition table is an ignition table. It's just not my forte.

Comment

Where in NY are you located?
                  "Once a CB7 Tuner, Always a CB7 Tuner"
                  Former h23 swapped accord owner...

2002 Acura 3.2CL
                  20" Rims and Brembo Brake Kit - Ridin classy and slow

1994 MKIV TT Supra
                  BPU+++ (under the knife, getting nastier)

Comment

Originally posted by brawl View Post
                    Where in NY are you located?
                    I'm about 45 minutes north of NYC. I'm about 3 hours from Dover, DE.

Comment

More reason I asked, i believe there are some good evo tuners in NJ a couple hours south of you. I have a few friends with some sick evo's that get them tuned in the tri state area, i'll see where the best shops are and who can do em for ya.
                      "Once a CB7 Tuner, Always a CB7 Tuner"
                      Former h23 swapped accord owner...

2002 Acura 3.2CL
                      20" Rims and Brembo Brake Kit - Ridin classy and slow

1994 MKIV TT Supra
                      BPU+++ (under the knife, getting nastier)

Comment

Thanks man. I'd appreciate that.

Comment

make a pull, shut the engine down near peak RPM. Dont let off the throttle until the engine shuts off. Pull the plugs and take pictures of the ground strap and porcelain.
                          www.850fab.com
                          IG - @850Fab
                          FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Have you tried hitting F8 on startup and entering safe mode?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                            Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                            NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by 98vtec View Post
                              make a pull, shut the engine down near peak RPM. Dont let off the throttle until the engine shuts off. Pull the plugs and take pictures of the ground strap and porcelain.
                              Do you want me to install brand new plugs so you have a fresh reading, or are the plugs that are in there (couple hundred miles) fine?

Comment

Originally posted by mayberry View Post
                                Do you want me to install brand new plugs so you have a fresh reading, or are the plugs that are in there (couple hundred miles) fine?
                                the ones you currently have should be fine. After taking the pictures i asked, clean the plug threads with brake cleaner to reveal how hot the plug is getting.
                                www.850fab.com
                                IG - @850Fab
                                FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Working...
                                X