Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ah, lowering the vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah, lowering the vehicle

Thinkin of lowering my 93 se coupe. I don't want it too low. Just enoughto change appearance. And wouldn't have to worry AS MUCH about speed bumps and dips. What height would you say that would be? 1.5"? 2"? Picture examples if possible? Now I understand there are the right and wrong ways of lowering your car. My question is, would doing it the best qualitest way even have the bumpy ride? How does it feel to ride in a low car? Turns are more stiff? Once you go low will you face tech issues in the long run? Even using the best method?

All of these are stickies in the suspension section. I suggest you help yourself to the information that this forum has done well to amass over the past decade.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139318

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178582
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I've made a thread similar about how low I should go, check it out!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=198510

Comment

Also, do not mention EBAY COIL SLEEVES on this forum, you might release the Kraken,

Live Life to the Fullest

Comment

that's the truth!

Only use quality components that are made to work with each other. 2" or less is considered a mild drop, so it's the most practical way to do it.

Personally, I'd suggest some H&R Sport or Neuspeed Sport springs for a 1.8F/1.5R drop. Pair those with some Koni Yellow shocks (also known as Koni Sport), and you'll have a setup that will offer increased performance and better looks without sacrificing ride quality, safety, or comfort. Get a camber kit from Ingalls or SPC (the ONLY brands I would trust... cheap brands can break, and when that stuff breaks, you crash.) Get a proper alignment with the camber kit installed, and you'll be good to go.

Comment

If you do go for a 2" drop, then you might run into problems with some speedbumps and steep driveways; as this could cause you to scrape your exhaust (nothing major). Additionally, if you have an aftermarket front lip, then this might scrape when coming out of driveways.

Comment

I personally used these crappy sleeves (Let's hear it Deev), not worth it...I took them off 2 weeks later due to the ride being bouncy, noisy and uncomfortable...saving up right now for F&F1, might be a while as Im in college. Sigh

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              that's the truth!

Only use quality components that are made to work with each other. 2" or less is considered a mild drop, so it's the most practical way to do it.

Personally, I'd suggest some H&R Sport or Neuspeed Sport springs for a 1.8F/1.5R drop. Pair those with some Koni Yellow shocks (also known as Koni Sport), and you'll have a setup that will offer increased performance and better looks without sacrificing ride quality, safety, or comfort. Get a camber kit from Ingalls or SPC (the ONLY brands I would trust... cheap brands can break, and when that stuff breaks, you crash.) Get a proper alignment with the camber kit installed, and you'll be good to go.

Live Life to the Fullest

Comment

I think Deev is secretely sponsored by Koni lol.

I ran H&R race springs with Tokiko illumina adjustable struts on my CB. Never had any issues, the car was pretty low and handled great.
                1993 Accord EX
                2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Great info once again! Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by slyknik View Post
                    I personally used these crappy sleeves (Let's hear it Deev), not worth it...I took them off 2 weeks later due to the ride being bouncy, noisy and uncomfortable...saving up right now for F&F1, might be a while as Im in college. Sigh

did the exact same thing! cept I replaced them with f&f type 1's
                    Wrecked, Revived, and still Rollin'

Check out my MRT!

Originally posted by deevergote
                    The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Comment

Working...
                    X