CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Audio/Electronics

Old 05-19-2017, 10:07 PM   #1
Gloman300_
Newcomer

Gloman300_ is cool... so far.
Exclamation Hook a young brother up!!!!

What's going on cb7tuner fam? Hope all is well! I need some help! Give you a lil background about myself. I live in Raleigh, NC. Work at the Honda dealership in Durham. Been a automobile detailed for a solid one year now and new to the whole "car" scene. I have a 92 accord lx. Put a used motor in it and she runs GREAT! Too good. I'm coming from a 07 Tahoe and I'm mind blown!!!! Only problem I have comes from the radiator fan....... it only comes on when the car is off completely. I'm in the process of replacing the ac compressor and fan blower!!! Give me some legit help and I'll give you as much feedback as possible as soon as possible!!! Thanks and god bless!
Gloman300_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:14 PM   #2
fleetw00d
Contributing Member

fleetw00d seems to have made some friends! fleetw00d seems to have made some friends!
The radiator fan only comes on when it needs to. For normal driving, it may only come during extended idling. After shutting off the engine, the heat soak can cause the fans to come on for a few minutes after shutting it off. Do you have problems with overheating? Does your dealership still have a service manual around for a 92 Accord?
93 EX 4 dr auto 175,000 (sold 2/24/2017)
92 EX coupe auto 163,000 - MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=205114
93 SE coupe 202,000 - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=208524

LOTS of CB7 parts for sale http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192583
fleetw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 12:48 AM   #3
Gloman300_
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetw00d View Post
The radiator fan only comes on when it needs to. For normal driving, it may only come during extended idling. After shutting off the engine, the heat soak can cause the fans to come on for a few minutes after shutting it off. Do you have problems with overheating? Does your dealership still have a service manual around for a 92 Accord?
Yes I do have a problem with overheating. I've never let it overheat but that gauge does get pretty close! And about the service Manual I can check to see if we still have one tomorrow when I go in.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:48 AM   #4
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
If you know your car is overheating, that's where I would begin diagnosis.

First, you'll need to let us know if it's your radiator or your A/C fan that's coming on. And have you verified with the car up to temperature that the fans are not coming on with the engine running? Also, did you replace the water pump and thermostat with the new engine you put in?

Next, check the fan switches. There are two you need to verify the condition of. One on the thermostat housing and the other on the front water neck. The wiring is old and brittle and if one of those were to break, it would cause your radiator fan not to work.

Then, make sure you don't have any oil or bubbling in your coolant system. The bubbles will only present with the car running.

Assuming all of that is in order, you could remove the radiator and flush it, check the hoses for leaks, replace the radiator cap and fill with new coolant.

Any more information you can give us would be helpful.

2nd 1993 Accord EX frost white coupe
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=205292
Jarrett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:59 PM   #5
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
In the future, please make your thread titles descriptive of your problem. You'll find that many more people will help you if they have some idea of what your problem is before they even read the thread.
That, and it's in the rules. Usually, threads with non-descriptive titles simply get deleted. The only reason I didn't delete this one is because people have already taken their time to help you.

AEM TruTime cam gears (H22A), DSM 450cc injectors, Eaton M45 superchrager

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:21 PM   #6
Gloman300_
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
If you know your car is overheating, that's where I would begin diagnosis.

First, you'll need to let us know if it's your radiator or your A/C fan that's coming on. And have you verified with the car up to temperature that the fans are not coming on with the engine running? Also, did you replace the water pump and thermostat with the new engine you put in?

Next, check the fan switches. There are two you need to verify the condition of. One on the thermostat housing and the other on the front water neck. The wiring is old and brittle and if one of those were to break, it would cause your radiator fan not to work.

Then, make sure you don't have any oil or bubbling in your coolant system. The bubbles will only present with the car running.

Assuming all of that is in order, you could remove the radiator and flush it, check the hoses for leaks, replace the radiator cap and fill with new coolant.

Any more information you can give us would be helpful.
Yes the car is overheating and the fans are not coming on while the engine is running. Water pump and thermostat was replaced. I can check the fan switches in the morning. And now with the bubbles in coolant. How do you personally go about resolving that? It was some air it in last time I check and ran it all out for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetw00d View Post
Hey I got that service manual btw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
In the future, please make your thread titles descriptive of your problem. You'll find that many more people will help you if they have some idea of what your problem is before they even read the thread.
That, and it's in the rules. Usually, threads with non-descriptive titles simply get deleted. The only reason I didn't delete this one is because people have already taken their time to help you.
Hey my apology man! I had no clue. I'm completely new to this whole forum thing but I'll make sure to be more descriptive in the future. Thank you!

Last edited by Jarrett; 05-21-2017 at 09:14 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: