Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

new exhaust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new exhaust.

i have a leak and its annoying. the leak is somewhere in the front or middle. My car rubs going over speedbumps and i'm sure thats what lead to its leak.

i need to fix it but i was thinking i may as well replace my exhaust while i'm at it.

i have a stock EX-R exhaust on now. i was thinking of getting something a little nicer but thats doesn't sound like a fat cannon. I want it to be quite for city driving but i wouldn't mind if it sounded a little better when i was motoring.

a clean look is a must. preferably a twin tip.

also if you know how much it costs lemme know!

Hmm, alot of people will say go custom. Which is what you may have to do for the twin exit look you want as I cant recall any bolt ons that have that. For quiet exhausts, two usually come to mind, the Apexi ws2 and the RSR. Anything straight through will be very loud, keep that in mind.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

What I would say get some custom piping and buy a twin tipped muffler to your liking on ebay or something. Another thing you will need are resonators that will help tone down the exhaust tone. Another place you can look is custom piping and like a stock prelude muffler or something if you want to prevent attention. Then you can try finding some sort of namebrand BUT they are kinda hard to find nowadays. Thermal had a good looking unit but I heard they discontinued it.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

may i suggest the RS*R
        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
        Disregard females, acquire currency
        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx
          may i suggest the RS*R
          i heard people talking about it in some older threads that i found when i searched.
          i don't know anything about it though. can you provide pics or info?

Comment

Check out owequitit member ride thread. He has an RSR on his car. I think aww_shiet has one too.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
            X