Got another 93 SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got another 93 SE

In the last 3 weeks, there were a couple of Geneva Green 93 SEs for sale locally. I missed the first one, but was able to snag the second one. This is the one I mentioned in a previous thread that had a "leaking head gasket".

What she looks like after a bath:

Few more pix here: http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Spac...?sort=2&page=1
    Last edited by SEgirl; 04-08-2015, 07:33 PM.

Hey, it's my car!
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

LOL! I have a feeling that yours is probably in 1000X better shape than this one.

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
      Hey, it's my car!

Comment

it may have been, but it's currently and empty shell haha.
        '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

damn i gotta get one from down there, up here that'd be an ultra rare sight. nice score.

compression test, and or test the coolant for exhaust gasses..and a new gasket and this:

youll be good (hopefully)

Comment

Don't see too many SEs down here, either. Granted, I don't check craigslist every day, but it's highly unusual to see 2 Geneva Greens in such a short time frame.

Doubt I'll get this one running as it just needs too much work (imho).
            From just a quick look over and listening, I've found:

--power steering needs to be replaced
            --4 new tires
            --brakes possibly on all 4 wheels. You can hear the wear indicators and there's a godawful metal on metal screeching when you hit the brakes. Calipers may be need replacing as well.
            --battery (battery is 1/2 the size of a normal battery--WTH?)
            --there is oil *everywhere*. There's oil where the battery sits, *in* the air filter (1/2 of it is soaked), all over the alternator, etc. The compressor looks like it's covered in sludge and is completely black to the point you can't see any of the writing on it. I couldn't see very much, but under the car is covered in oil, too. I'm hoping to degrease it this weekend (weather permitting), to figure out how much of this is old and how much of it is new just out of curiosity.
            --inside is filthy. Candy and food melted or stuck to the seats, and some of the food is so old, there's mold growing. Dash is cracked, and almost every plastic surface has a layer of grime and is sticky.

While it may not sound like too bad (except for the oil issues), the amount I would spend on the above would probably get the a/c running in my current DD SE.

It's just really sad that such a beautiful car ends up looking like this. Honestly, I think I bought it out of pity.

Thanks for the video of resurfacing the head. In the super rare chance we would try and get this running, I think that will be very helpful!

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
            damn i gotta get one from down there, up here that'd be an ultra rare sight. nice score.

compression test, and or test the coolant for exhaust gasses..and a new gasket and this:

youll be good (hopefully)

Comment

I miss my Geneva 93.

Comment

I understand the pity part. I've rescued several myself. But if it needs all that work, why'd you buy it; parts for the other one? The body still looks pretty good; that's a much better start than most I find around here.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Yes, got it mostly for parts, although it looks like the SE I already have is in better shape engine wise.

The car was very dirty when I saw it, so couldn't really see all the dings until I washed it. I believe it's been repainted, although the color is close to the original. Crappy paint job as it looks like it wasn't really sanded down as the hood, roof, and trunk are not smooth--looks like they just painted over oxidation. However, still looks better than oxidation so I may replace my hood and trunk with these. I have a dented right fender panel whereas the parts car has one in good shape so I'll probably take that, too.

Oddly enough, as bad a shape the car is under the hood, the a/c works fine, and it doesn't in my current one. If the weather clears up tomorrow, I want to put them side by side to compare.

Are you coming to Pensacola soon? If so, you can come see it.
                  Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                  I understand the pity part. I've rescued several myself. But if it needs all that work, why'd you buy it; parts for the other one? The body still looks pretty good; that's a much better start than most I find around here.

Comment

I'll be there the week of May 4. Daughter #3 is supposed to graduate from PCC the 6th. Not leaving until Friday; wife and kids want to get a day or two at the beach - I may hit the junkyards! Need any parts from my listing?
                    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Ok, that's good to know. I can plan on taking a day off during that time since it seems I"m always working when you come down.

Took a look at your parts list and think I'm good. I have to keep reminding myself that this is just a parts car and I'm not to spend anything on it--lol!

In between rain showers, I put the cars side by side and the engine on my dd SE looks to be in worse shape as it has a lot more rust on certain parts. However, it's been well maintained and fixed appropriately so even if the other car had tires, brakes, and power steering, I wouldn't trust it over my dd.

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                      I'll be there the week of May 4. Daughter #3 is supposed to graduate from PCC the 6th. Not leaving until Friday; wife and kids want to get a day or two at the beach - I may hit the junkyards! Need any parts from my listing?

Comment

Took a few more pix in between rain showers. Did a quick clean to the engine bay to get rid of some of the oil that was sprayed everywhere:

Here's the tiny battery. You can see it only takes up about 1/2 of where it sits.

One of the spark plug wires. Three of the four look like this:

Comment

I think that's the only colour of SE I haven't owned!

Comment

I've had a '91 silver SE and a '93 gold, but I still have my dd '93 geneva green (one pictured below).
                            . While the one who is the subject of this thread has a clean title, it's going to be used for parts.
                            Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                            I think that's the only colour of SE I haven't owned!
                            Last edited by SEgirl; 04-24-2015, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Drive it up to Jersey and I'll buy this one off you lol

Comment

Working...
                              X