*Introduce Yourself : Noobie Thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey cool to meet you!

What is an AE111 btw? Can I assume its a Toyota?

- Zipcreature
    Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

AE111 = JDM Corolla

Likewise! Greetings from Indonesia!

The AE111 is the code for JDM and export-version Corolla 97-00, you guys skipped it and went straight to the AE112 and then on to the AE123, if I'm not mistaken.

JDM Corollas come in 4 "flavors":

ALTIS - 4 door, FWD or 4WD
      LEVIN - 2 door, FWD
      TRUENO - 2 door, FWD, performance (4A-GE 16v/20v)
      FIELDER - Wagon, FWD or 4WD

I have an ALTIS, as you can see, and it has an AT 4A-FE. Because of the high population density here, it's impractical to have a manual tranny or an engine with "too much performance" (never thought I'd say that!). The Maestro (USDM 4th gen Accord, CB2), in fact, comes with a 2000cc carbureted engine, not the 2.2 FI like in the States. Strange, huh?

That having been said, I'm sitting on a 7A-GE (1800cc block, 20v head) hybrid setup that's waiting for some last parts before the final install... Might even be a little boosted, heh heh, 7psi at 8200rpm should make for some nice high end power, no?
      1997 RHD AE111
      JDM Blackface Project

Comment

heyyy

hey hows it going guys, first day here =D

Comment

Originally posted by red_gto
          Jarvis, is it? i doubt you remember me but i met you a couple years back at nopi nationals. you were with chris rhoad and i was with sean (f22a). but yea, glad to see you back on here again.

as a matter of fact, i believe i saw your car since you sold it. it was at lennox mall with that killer blue paint job.

Comment

Originally posted by i3eanpizza
            hey hows it going guys, first day here =D
            its going good... welcome to the site... you'll learn alot here

Comment

Originally posted by red_gto
              Hey good to see you again..what made you go back to Indonesia? I remember your car looked really awesome..still is from what I hear
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I still have a special place in my heart for my old CB7, hics hics! (Actually, I love all my past rides, heh heh!) Good to hear it's still going strong!

Went home to Indonesia to get married, plus it's just an Asian thang to go back to the homeland, you know?

Still a big Honda fan, but now I'm a bigger Toyota fan. Toyota simply makes really well-balanced engines. Don't get me wrong, every manufacturer has their star engine(s), but Toyota just makes some really well put-together engines: 4AGE (AE101-111 Trueno 20v, my all-time favorite), 3SGE (SXE10 Altezza), 3SGTE (2000cc turbo Celica), 4EFTE (EP Starlet GT Turbo), 2JZ (JZ80 Supra), and so on...

Plus, once you've seen Toyota's JDM lineup, you'll think Hondas are just plain ugly (except the RB1/2, of course)! The Alphard, Voxy, Noah, Yaris/Vitz, Altis/Levin/Trueno/Fielder, Starlet, Wish, Chaser, Mark II, the list just goes on and on!!!!
                1997 RHD AE111
                JDM Blackface Project

Comment

I hear the Vitz is finally gonna make it Stateside sometime next year..to replace the ugly low selling Echo.

I've seen one in person during the summer. Had Canadian plates..so as much as some of us rag on Canadians..they get some of the best cars up there too.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

What is it with Toyota? They always send the cruddy versions of their cars to the States!

Like the Celsior, when it arrived stateside as the Lexus LS, turned out quite ugly (well, in comparison to the original Home Market version, that is!). Or the Crown Majesta/Athlete, which never even made it to the US. I mean, you guys even got jacked on the Corolla! No Levin, no Trueno, no GT Apex Twin Cam 20 valve engine, no 4WD option, no LED taillights, no HID option... Sad, sad, sad!

And don't even let me get started on Honda! You guys got jacked on the RB1/2 Odyssey, and wait 'til you've seen an Odyssey Absolute! Modulo kit, HIDs, anthracite 17s, LED tails, and probably the best-looking front-end on a Honda bar none (even the NSX!) -- ALL COMPLETELY STOCK!
                    1997 RHD AE111
                    JDM Blackface Project

Comment

new guy here

hello guys whats going on? nice site you guys have here!!

Comment

welcome decal guy what kind of cb you have

Comment

Just wanted to say what up

I only been a member for a few days now, but just wanted to say what up to other members on this site and introduce myself. I'm learnin alot from the threads being posted and enjoying being a member..
                          Toney Jr. (goldenchild722)
                          Check out what used to be mine
                          Click Here

Comment

Hey everyone! Big up from the UK. Just cruised in to say hello

Comment

noob!

Sup everyone, I bought an accord a while ago and I guess I'm not gonna give up on it. After reading a ton of info about cb7s, I think I'll have something else to do for the winter. Anyways, I have a 1991 Honda Accord EX coupe 5-speed with about 210k now. The only thing that makes the car look horrible is that rear quarter panel, rusted to hell.

My future plans, H23A head on the F22A4 block. It's gonna be cheaper than it looks since I own two 4th generation preludes, 92 as the daily driver and a 93 project car that is going H22+to4e 60 trim turbonetics turbocharged, code named "RED DEVL". The 92 is code named "SLVR SFR", hopefully ya'll can make out what color it is.

This site has already been super informative and I'm glad it's made up of so many tuners with knowledge. Happy to be here!

Evolution

Comment

wellcome to the family guys.
                                are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
                                X